Week 14: San Francisco 49ers vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

The rest of the season is relevant we need the 2 seed and have a better CON record than Minnesota, I want Brock at home his first 2 games

The Vikings have an easy schedule the rest of the way but they aren't that good so they could end up losing a close one that would allow us to swoop in and take the #2 seed. But that will take us winning out. Not impossible, especially if we take care of business in Seattle. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Vikings have an easy schedule the rest of the way but they aren't that good so they could end up losing a close one that would allow us to swoop in and take the #2 seed. But that will take us winning out. Not impossible, especially if we take care of business in Seattle. 

If only Buffalo didn’t lose that fumble at the goalline. But yeah Minnesota Ws are not automatic their defense is atrocious

We got TWO 20+ yard TDs on the left sideline yesterday BUT, the great David Lombardi told us this last week:

It's down right laughable how smart he thinks he is when he tweets these things LOL. While the middle of the field is definitely something this offense will always target, he is INSANE if he believes Shanny wants everything thrown there and to avoid the sidelines. 

Hopefully Purdy does not take Lombardi's advice and continues attacking the sidelines!!!!

• Like 1

Who gives a crap about Minnesota? Their defense terrible and they play in a cozy dome. I'm not bothered about the 49ers going on the road for a couple of playoff games. Our defense travels.

The only difficult outdoor road game is Philly and we aren't getting out of that one unless they lose anyway.

everyone else we'd have to travel to plays in a dome. 49er fans will take over jerry world. 

Just beat seattle, after that who gives a crap. just get Purdy, Tent, CMC, Bosa, Kittle, Aiyuk, The wards, Greenlaw, and Mason into the post-season healthy and we'll take any of these fools. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

When under pressure yesterday, Purdy was 7 of 8 for 108 yards and 2 TDs with perfect passer rating.

That is just crazy. 

I expect at some point def will adjust... maybe start dropping 7 into zone ?

Honestly, defenses don't even have to adjust. That's simply an unsustainable performance when under pressure. It'll regress. 

• Like 2

Jimmie Ward according to PFF was targeted 17 times...17!!!! Obviously it had mostly to do with Brady checking it down so much in his zone but that is still a ridiculous amount of targets for a CB lol. Only allowed 56 yards though. 

Should be interesting to see how he does against Seattle, especially when they put their top guns in the slot. 

• Like 1

Brock played well. He made the one bad mistake on the would be pick that was reversed due to a hold, but other than that hard to complain about what he did. He can't continue to stand in there and take massive shots though. This guy has to stay healthy. O Line was great in the run game. This may have some to do with Vea being out. The defense is other worldly. This is the best Niner defense I have seen since the 94 Super Bowl team. IMO, this defense is much different than the Fangio ones. I think it is much different than the 2019 one as well. This defense seems to compliment itself really well. LBs play faster than anyone on the field, the secondary holds up well to allow for the pass rush to get home and then the pass rush has moments where it completely disrupts plays.

Win next week and the division is virtually locked up. Playoff run becomes visible and this team becomes the biggest threat to Dallas and Philly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Brock played well. He made the one bad mistake on the would be pick that was reversed due to a hold, but other than that hard to complain about what he did. He can't continue to stand in there and take massive shots though. This guy has to stay healthy. O Line was great in the run game. This may have some to do with Vea being out. The defense is other worldly. This is the best Niner defense I have seen since the 94 Super Bowl team. IMO, this defense is much different than the Fangio ones. I think it is much different than the 2019 one as well. This defense seems to compliment itself really well. LBs play faster than anyone on the field, the secondary holds up well to allow for the pass rush to get home and then the pass rush has moments where it completely disrupts plays.

Win next week and the division is virtually locked up. Playoff run becomes visible and this team becomes the biggest threat to Dallas and Philly.

I think if we win in SEA we win the west, we'd be 10-4, meaning the best the Seahawks could be is 10-7, worst we could be would also be 10-7, but we hold the tiebreaker if we win, idk if it is this, NFL will have official saying this week.

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

I think if we win in SEA we win the west, we'd be 10-4, meaning the best the Seahawks could be is 10-7, worst we could be would also be 10-7, but we hold the tiebreaker if we win, idk if it is this, NFL will have official saying this week.

If we win Thursday we get the 3 seed, I don’t think we can get the 4 seed unless we lose out and ATL wins out since there the only South team that beat us