Week 14: San Francisco 49ers vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

🤣

I mean, I don’t think he’s wrong. Bosa really doesn’t need to be in an organized practice from how he prepares on his own. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him play without practicing.

25 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I mean, I don’t think he’s wrong. Bosa really doesn’t need to be in an organized practice from how he prepares on his own. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him play without practicing.

It's not about that...Of course Bosa may still go, but he is funny when quoting Shanny and when deciding not to. He is funny how he will always try to spin things positively for Niners fans. 

Bosa is officially questionable. Hope he goes but I understand if they hold him out until the game against the Seahawks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

In 2018, Kyle somehow managed to produce a positive epa with Nick Mullens. It was a big drop off between that and Jimmy, but creating a positive EPA with how limited Mullens is is pretty impressive. He can do the same with Purdy. It's not ideal, but the season isn't over yet. Just have to get it done. Purdy keeps it clean, things will at least be competitive.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

In 2018, Kyle somehow managed to produce a positive epa with Nick Mullens. It was a big drop off between that and Jimmy, but creating a positive EPA with how limited Mullens is is pretty impressive. He can do the same with Purdy. It's not ideal, but the season isn't over yet. Just have to get it done. Purdy keeps it clean, things will at least be competitive.

Purdy is more talented than Mullens in just about everyway lol.

Like, I really don't think we'll see much drop off from Jimmy. Call me xrazy or slightly delusional but what I saw from him against the Fins is the same QB I saw in college.  That's why I thought Purdy was a underrated prospect heading into the draft. His physical tools didn't stand out at all. He's arm strength was questionable. And he didn't win much against better comp. But his game pretty much mirrored what we asked Jimmy to do. Get the ball out on time, in rhythm, operating mostly between the numbers. But where he made me really take notice was how he threw with different velocity and touch in that area, especially into tight windows. He really understood how to get the ball around and over defenders in real time. And he did it consistently. His accuracy in that area was better than Jimmy's, with similar windows. That's what intrigued me about him as a potential QB2 in the pros. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Unpopular opinion: I actually miss Mullens as a backup, and wish we had him now. Obviously he's not great, but I do wonder how much he would have been able to progress staying on as the main backup with more experience in this system, more offensive weapons, and a great defense to lean on. Wouldn't have Super Bowl expectations with him as a leading man, but I'd still expect a playoff win, maybe two with injury luck on the 49ers side from here on out. Admittedly since it's been a while, I may be romanticizing the time when has around. And it's not like a team can stock a backup for years, and years like the pre-salary cap days like a Don Strock. Oh well, we'll see what Purdy can do. At least he seems more mobile at first blush. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Unpopular opinion: I actually miss Mullens as a backup, and wish we had him now. Obviously he's not great, but I do wonder how much he would have been able to progress staying on as the main backup with more experience in this system, more offensive weapons, and a great defense to lean on. Wouldn't have Super Bowl expectations with him as a leading man, but I'd still expect a playoff win, maybe two with injury luck on the 49ers side from here on out. Admittedly since it's been a while, I may be romanticizing the time when has around. And it's not like a team can stock a backup for years, and years like the pre-salary cap days like a Don Strock. Oh well, we'll see what Purdy can do. At least he seems more mobile at first blush. 

Mullens had a UCL injury. His arm was already suspect. It was the right time to move on from him.  

He also became very turnover prone. It came off the rails a little bit at the end there. 

He would have been a great backup for a long time had we not relied on him to start 16 games for us. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, N4L said:

Mullens had a UCL injury. His arm was already suspect. It was the right time to move on from him.  

He also became very turnover prone. It came off the rails a little bit at the end there. 

He would have been a great backup for a long time had we not relied on him to start 16 games for us. 

Ahhh yes, that's what it was. I totally forgot about his UCL injury. His arm was already unremarkable to begin with, and I do remember the chatter regarding him even being able to make it in the league as a backup. Good for him he's been able to hang around as long as he has been. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Tevin Coleman and dontae elevated for the game. 

Wonder if that means TDP is inactive. If so, woof lol

If you are playing Mason, no reason to activate TDP, especially when he brings nothing in STs. 

But yeah, the fact Mason looks to be the better player and so many predicted that is hilarious lol. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you are playing Mason, no reason to activate TDP, especially when he brings nothing in STs. 

But yeah, the fact Mason looks to be the better player and so many predicted that is hilarious lol. 

Shanny needs to stop with the 3rd rd RBs, first Trey Sermon, now TDP, who I think has more potential than Sermon, ut to be beat out by a UDFA, both were, is sad, need to draft different, have no issues with Danny Gray pick, just need a QB who can get him the ball, I was hoping when he was in we'd take a shot down the field Sunday(last week), but we ran with Mason, who is a very very good back.

• Like 2

Something I feel like we didn't talk enough about is the rain that will be falling for tomorrow's game. We have no idea how Purdy will react to it and obviously Brady has hundreds of games of experience in those conditions. We are a rhythm based offense and haven't really played one good offensive game that I can remember with a decent amount of rain. Should be interesting. 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Something I feel like we didn't talk enough about is the rain that will be falling for tomorrow's game. We have no idea how Purdy will react to it and obviously Brady has hundreds of games of experience in those conditions. We are a rhythm based offense and haven't really played one good offensive game that I can remember with a decent amount of rain. Should be interesting. 

I can't decide who it benefits and who it hurts between the two teams lol 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't decide who it benefits and who it hurts between the two teams lol 

Won't benefit the team with a QB that can't throw. So if Purdy can't throw in the rain (don't know how he did in the rain in college), the Bucs will be the beneficiary of the rain. Especially when you consider how stout their run defense is. 

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

Shanny needs to stop with the 3rd rd RBs, first Trey Sermon, now TDP, who I think has more potential than Sermon, ut to be beat out by a UDFA, both were, is sad, need to draft different, have no issues with Danny Gray pick, just need a QB who can get him the ball, I was hoping when he was in we'd take a shot down the field Sunday(last week), but we ran with Mason, who is a very very good back.

Don’t forget Joe Williams. The fourth round still counts, right? XD

• Like 1