Week 14: San Francisco 49ers vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

J-ALL-DAY

Guess I didn't hit send on this.. Now we know Bosa will be out there, I'm pretty confident we put the clamps on this Bucs offense. Unless their OL did some Space Jam voodoo, Brady is going to be on his back quite often today.

We saw last night that even when the Bucs are down 2 scores and can't move the ball for 56 minutes, they are still very dangerous. Need Warner to continue shutting down the middle of the field and do NOT let them get the couple deep shots that will be attempted.. Pass rush will have another field day,Feel like Mooney Ward can mostly handle Evans, and Godwin will get his grabs but you have to make that first tackle.

This should be an ugly, low scoring game and who knows what to expect from The Purdster.... 49ers 16, Bucs 9

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, adamq said:

Guess I didn't hit send on this.. Now we know Bosa will be out there, I'm pretty confident we put the clamps on this Bucs offense. Unless their OL did some Space Jam voodoo, Brady is going to be on his back quite often today.

We saw last night that even when the Bucs are down 2 scores and can't move the ball for 56 minutes, they are still very dangerous. Need Warner to continue shutting down the middle of the field and do NOT let them get the couple deep shots that will be attempted.. Pass rush will have another field day,Feel like Mooney Ward can mostly handle Evans, and Godwin will get his grabs but you have to make that first tackle.

This should be an ugly, low scoring game and who knows what to expect from The Purdster.... 49ers 16, Bucs 9

I'm not sure that our pass rush will be dominant this game even with Bosa. Brady only got sacked once last week against the Saints on like 56 dropbacks. And with the rain, I think there will be a bunch of quick passes and screens. I definitely expect this game to be low scoring and our defense to hold the Bucs offense in check, but not sure we pressure Brady like crazy. We didn't do that to even Tua last week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not sure that our pass rush will be dominant this game even with Bosa. Brady only got sacked once last week against the Saints on like 56 dropbacks. And with the rain, I think there will be a bunch of quick passes and screens. I definitely expect this game to be low scoring and our defense to hold the Bucs offense in check, but not sure we pressure Brady like crazy. We didn't do that to even Tua last week. 

I'd be curious to see hurry/pressure stats if anyone has access. NO was all over Brady the whole night, even during the comeback. At least thats how i remember it 🤣

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I'd be curious to see hurry/pressure stats if anyone has access. NO was all over Brady the whole night, even during the comeback. At least thats how i remember it 🤣

I didn't pay close attenion to the game, but I thought NO smashed the running game, but were unable to break the wall in the passing game, not too sure though. 

Random thought:  I saw an internet highlight and it made me think of the time 2007-2009ish where somebody hit Alex late, back when Alex never used to get any calls.  Then Staley goes over and delivers a cheap shot to their guy.  Alex had this look on his face like, "wow, nobody's ever stood up for me before."  It's amazing how far this team and organization has come since then, there have been some bad years since, but it has been more good than bad.  That team was a rodeo back then.  Nolan used to talk about character and place it above everything for a lot of players, then completely ignore it for certain players. 

Now the team has quality depth at nearly every position, and a waiting list of fringe NFL guys that want a chance to play here.  It is so hard to build a true "next man up" team nowadays, but these guys are close.  I like how no matter who is on the field, or where they were drafted, they have a strong team concept, and play for others more than themselves.  The 2022 version of this team is really growing on me, I hope they win today! 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 3