Titans Fire Jon Robinson (No, this isn't a joke)

-Hope-

i think there were two final straws here:

1. obviously, the AJB trade. would not be surprised if that created a serious rift between robinson and vrabel.

2. a GM all about physicality and establishing the run who demonstrated a consistent, repeated inability to evaluate OL. 

but i'm less surprised by the outcome than the timing. why now???? so weird. and man, are we about to embark on a belichick-style vrabel HC/GM thing? very mixed feelings about that.

THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRADE A TOP 5 WR IN THEIR PRIME!!! 

Sorry had to get that out the way!!! Holy crap dude that's wild! I say give Mike the team. Keeps him away from OSU and he def wouldn't of got cute with some of these picks (Farley I'm looking at you)

ayo we really are at THE CROSSROADS haha

Just now, -Hope- said:

i think there were two final straws here:

1. obviously, the AJB trade. would not be surprised if that created a serious rift between robinson and vrabel.

2. a GM all about physicality and establishing the run who demonstrated a consistent, repeated inability to evaluate OL. 

but i'm less surprised by the outcome than the timing. why now???? so weird. and man, are we about to embark on a belichick-style vrabel HC/GM thing? very mixed feelings about that.

I really thought winning would be enough to keep the job. But I guess the view is that Vrabel is more responsible for that opposed to Robinson.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Is this a good thing or...? Seems like he's done rather well during his time.

there have basically been 2 jon robinson eras. from 2016-2019, he built a very talented team capable of making the afc championship game. ever since then, his tenure has been a nonstop string of first round draft busts, (mostly) bad FA signings, and a total inability to evaluate OL play that has ruined the identity and talent level of this team. i'd say fans were split between wanting him gone and thinking he could right the ship, but nobody is happy with what he's done the last few years. regardless, the timing here is bizarre.

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:

THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRADE A TOP 5 WR IN THEIR PRIME!!! 

Sorry had to get that out the way!!! Holy crap dude that's wild! I say give Mike the team. Keeps him away from OSU and he def wouldn't of got cute with some of these picks (Farley I'm looking at you)

ayo we really are at THE CROSSROADS haha

That trade proved to be his nail. 
If Burks was healthy and if we wouldn't have gotten embarrassed Sunday, I think he would have survived.