Titans Fire Jon Robinson (No, this isn't a joke)

-Hope-

Truth be told we all saw the roster was in shambles and some very questionable decisions were made. Weird timing but it makes sense. Robinson seemed to have hit his ceiling. We’ve been limping to the playoffs the past 2 seasons and don’t seem to be getting better 

I loved J Rob’s time here and am grateful for where he brought this franchise. I thought he earned leeway to try to fix the mess he made but Sunday was the final straw. Just doomed him.

I hate it ended like this, but we were heading in the wrong direction roster wise. 

• Like 1

Called for it since AJB was traded. You can't go backwards like that three years in a row in the NFL.

It was absolutely necessary. Put a good talent evaluator in the FO and give Vrabel final say.

Robinson clearly believed anyone was replaceable and Vrabel is a players coach who believes it's the players who win games. Those two ideologies don't mix.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I loved J Rob’s time here and am grateful for where he brought this franchise. I thought he earned leeway to try to fix the mess he made but Sunday was the final straw. Just doomed him.

I hate it ended like this, but we were heading in the wrong direction roster wise. 

I thought he'd be given a chance to fix it too. 
Just like GMs that get to draft at least 2 QBs. 

Thought he'd last until we had a losing season. 

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

If Downing isn’t fired I don’t understand what we’re doin. We have a capable OC in Kelly but we’re just rotting with Downing.. We have no play action, we’re predictable, and we can’t score. All those are fireable but here we are

Keeping Downing eliminates all the credibility in her statement. lol

Fact is, his early success earned him two offseasons where he drafted Wilson and Farley in the first round, spent his valuable FA/cap dollars on Beasley, Clowney, Dupree and Julio and made the roster worse every step of the way. Failing to get a deal done with AJ and crippling the offense even further was one step too far.

• Like 4

And here’s the thing. I dislike Downing. Think he’s a bad OC, but the message being sent by keeping him and firing Robinson couldn’t be more clear. They think the offensive problems are a clear talent issue and that no coaching change can fix the mess Robinson created on that side of the ball.

And I can’t argue with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

And here’s the thing. I dislike Downing. Think he’s a bad OC, but the message being sent by keeping him and firing Robinson couldn’t be more clear. They think the offensive problems are a clear talent issue and that no coaching change can fix the mess Robinson created on that side of the ball.

And I can’t argue with that.

I can argue all day with that.lol

If we talking Robinson or Downing then I can go on for a while. lol

Idk a little disappointed. I think he is good at drafting and our new strategy of constantly churning the bottom of the roster/PS has found good play out of lesser talent. 

I have this theory that our draft evaluations struggled with the Covid restrictions. That was when we had our worst drafts. Now this year with things back to normal the early returns look great on the draft class. 

I love Vrabel but the coach/GM role rarely works out if that’s what we have planned. 

• Like 1