Titans Fire Jon Robinson (No, this isn't a joke)

-Hope-

100% Agree. I don't get the point of waiting until we have a losing season. You can tell based on roster talent that we haven't been getting better. His job is to assembled talented rosters. Not get carried by the coach of the year.

Edited by TitanSS

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

100% Agree. I don't get the point of waiting until we have a losing season. You can tell based on roster talent that we haven't been getting better. His job is to assembled talented rosters. Not get carried by the coach of the year.

Yeah, I don’t really know when you’re supposed to draw the line. If he trades Simmons next, is that the breaking point? A fourth straight bad offseason? A fifth? Let him do enough damage to drag us down to the level of the rest of the division first before we can move on?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Who TF is stretch? 

I mean I know he coached that preseason game but I have no idea what his role is inside the organization lol

he's basically Vrabel's consigliere

I don't necessarily think that firing JRob was the "right" decision. but I dont think it was the wrong one.

Wow, I did not expect this. However, those clamouring for change have got it and whether the timing is right or not is irrelevant it shows this is a team not happy just to make the playoffs. Ultimately no one knows if it’s the right move but what I will say is it’s good to see the changes being implemented now and not as a reaction. I get the impression the war room video from the AJ trade when Vrabes was raging was the beginning of the end. 

It's going to take several years to undo our decline in talent from 2020, 2021, and 2022. 

Unless we get some big improvements from the 2022 class, I wouldn't be surprised to see us have a worse record next year and see fans clamoring that we were wrong about Robinson.

39 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

It's going to take several years to undo our decline in talent from 2020, 2021, and 2022. 

Unless we get some big improvements from the 2022 class, I wouldn't be surprised to see us have a worse record next year and see fans clamoring that we were wrong about Robinson.

Then people saying that will be those who don’t know what they’re talking about. The fact we will be in a decline the next season or two has a lot to do with what Robinson has done recently. It’s up to whoever takes over to make sure that decline isn’t drastic to the point where we are totally irrelevant again like we used to be for many years. 

i didn't actually read the whole text of the titans' press release (beyond just amy's quote) until now but this is worth noting:

"Preliminary work for a new general manager will begin shortly and a comprehensive search will be begin once the season is complete."

that would seem to mean no vrabel as GM, which is good news. obviously he could just hire a yes man, but i think (and hope) he's smarter than that. having a HC heavily involved in the GM search isn't unprecedented- kyle shanahan basically handpicked john lynch, and while they haven't been perfect (especially around the QB position) it's hard to argue with the talent they've packed that squad with. there's a reasonable path for this actually working out.

Pushed his chips all in last year and busted.. The AJ trade sealed his fate for sure also we never keep any of the good picks he had cause of the contracts he gave RT Bud and not asking Lewan to take a cut like something to keep the talent

Another thing is 3 of your top 4 wideouts are hurt. You got the worst starting LT in the game that is getting his QB killed and the HOF RB can't run left anymore.. BOOM no moves at the deadline. There was a fair amount of talented WRs out there but we sat on our hands and watched them go by or just let em stay and sure most haven't panned out but I'd like to think our staff could've got guys like Claypool Anderson B.Cooks Moore (Jets or Panthers lol)  locked in and ready to make a impact!! Not as many LTs but damn we traded FOR this bum gotta be someone out there to replace him

Funny part is I think he had a pretty good draft

Burks is a star waiting to pop off!  Rodger has been up and down but for a rookie DB that's not surprising! NPF has the tools to be a good RT and is learning on the fly. CHIGY wit it!! All the tools to be the new Walker!  Idk if he a DOG like D was but he's starting to get more snaps and targets so we gonna find out! And theres Phillips who very well might be the most skilled guy in the class just real small. Needs to put on a couple pounds so he can make it through a month of games (Nvm a whole season rn)

IF Burks and Lewan stay healthy he probs would've kept his job. Sorry mini rant lmao