Titans Fire Jon Robinson (No, this isn't a joke)

-Hope-

6 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

McVay doesn’t call the shots, Les Sneed does…

Reid doesn’t call the shots, Brett veech does…

Belicheck and Reid have/had generational QBs (and part of why Brady left NE was due to Belichecks deficiencies as a GM)

Kyle Shanahan is the most overhyped .500 career coach ever.

This just has some similarities to the Texans, Bill o brien and Rick smith. The Texans we’re similarly the best in the divison, but not a real contender. O’Brien was a coach of the year darling. And that coaching success ultimately led to him winning the power struggle over Rick smith. 

flash forward a few years later a the Texans were in the toilet and Billy O had traded 2 of the greatest Texans ever, all while their generational QB wanted out. O’Brien almost singlehandedly ran the whole Texans franchise into a fiery dumpster.

now I think Vrabel is a better coach than O’Brien, but I’d rather his focus stay in that realm.

I hope there’s a plan beyond ‘Just give Vrabel personnel control’

McVay call the shots he wanted Matthew Stafford & Ramsey & his GM went out & got em for him. Every GM/coach combo I name the GM does whatever the HC wants, the GM has final day true but But the point I’m making is this what the HC wants & ask his GM to make happen is what I’m talking bout.

I'm surprised so many are bitching and moaning about the timing to fire during the season. As shown above, it's better to clear it now and be prepared heading into the draft and free agency with a clear mindset rather than dealing with turnover at that point in time.

Remains to be seen who gets hired next and how they perform.

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The If game is not fair.

If Tanny doesn't throw 3 ints.
If NWI or Conley catches passes from Willis
If Bulluck makes a FG against the Giants.
If......

The "if" game goes both ways, but fans only ever recognize the positive.

Kuharsky's post shows our record compared to the rest of the NFL. My comment is you don't settle for good enough because you beat bad teams. It has nothing to do with we need to be better because "if" we were in "X" division. It means we need to be better because we need to be able to compete with the entire NFL, not just the Colts.

Just now, TitanSS said:

I recognize both. You're playing the game. Not me.

Hmm, game?  Not really. Don't know how you come that conclusion.  Because I don't push the negative narrative more? 
Cool beans. 

Pretty sure if the post said, something similar to what I responded with, about the "if's" you wouldn't have posted it. Because it doesn't fit your standpoint of saying he was terrible.

Similarly, to how I didn't post it. 

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Kuharsky's post shows our record compared to the rest of the NFL. My comment is you don't settle for good enough because you beat bad teams. It has nothing to do with we need to be better because "if" we were in "X" division. It means we need to be better because we need to be able to compete with the entire NFL, not just the Colts.

And the point is we could have beat the "better" teams IF this or that happens. 

The "if" life can apply to many situations. 
The Eagles are a couple of "ifs" away from not being one of the "best." 

Obviously we need to be better. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hmm, game?  Not really. Don't know how you come that conclusion.  Because I don't push the negative narrative more? 
Cool beans. 

Pretty sure if the post said, something similar to what I responded with, about the "if's" you wouldn't have posted it. Because it doesn't fit your standpoint of saying he was terrible.

Similarly, to how I didn't post it. 

Kuharsky said the "if's". I was merely sharing our record compared to the rest of the NFL and saying winning your division isn't the only standard you should use to measure your teams success.

I don't think he was as terrible as I made him sound months ago trying to win the argument. I think he was solid drafting before 2019, great in 2019, and terrible after it. If it was drafting alone he would still be here, but managing the current roster and the cap he has failed at and he deserved to be fired after trading the most valuable player on our team, who happened to be under 25, for a first and a third round pick.

Edited by TitanSS

A point made on radio, that I do have some concern about.

Are we to think Vrabel had no hand in some of these bad picks?  Did he just sit and say, you want to draft WIlson? Great!
Radunz?  Sign me up!
Farley? I can't wait!

Same with Cowden. 

Be interesting to see where the line is drawn and what philosophy prevails. 

Just now, TitanSS said:

Kuharsky said the "if's". I was merely sharing our record compared to the rest of the NFL and saying winning your division isn't the only standard you should use to measure your teams success.

No winning the division isn't the only standard and shouldn't be.  Even if the division was loaded. 

I think we all are aware of that. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

A point made on radio, that I do have some concern about.

Are we to think Vrabel had no hand in some of these bad picks?  Did he just sit and say, you want to draft WIlson? Great!
Radunz?  Sign me up!
Farley? I can't wait!

Same with Cowden. 

Be interesting to see where the line is drawn and what philosophy prevails. 

If it wasn't for 2020 and 2021 I wouldn't even complain (well complain as much) about his drafting. Overall I don't think drafting was his downfall. Overpaying bad free agents put the team in a really bad spot after failing to draft well in 2020 and 2021 and then he decided he could trade the teams most valuable player without the approval of the HC and potentially the owner it sounds like.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSS said:

If it wasn't for 2020 and 2021 I wouldn't even complain (well complain as much) about his drafting. Overall I don't think drafting was his downfall. Overpaying bad free agents put the team in a really bad spot after failing to draft well in 2020 and 2021 and then he decided he could trade the teams most valuable player without the approval of the HC and potentially the owner it sounds like.

My pushback with the FA deals is that, at the time, most universally supported the moves. Outside of Beasley, who didn't want Clowney?  Players and fans alike wanted Julio. 

Fair game on Bud deal.

And some of the smaller deals, I wouldn't push back on being critical, even though they had low expectations. The argument could be made why do it then. 

I still would like to know how much hand Vrabel had in those type things. 
It would be easy for the casual or the bias crowd to just assume everything good was Vrabel and that was bad was Robinson. 

• Like 1