Titans Fire Jon Robinson (No, this isn't a joke)

-Hope-

I don’t necessarily think the idea of a power struggle between JRob/Vrabel is outlandish … but outside of a couple moments those two guys seemed to be pretty aligned (at least on the surface level)

part of me does think this may truly be the titans brass looking at the roster and being unhappy with it, versus any “him or me” stuff. 

curious if/when more details leak out

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

teresa's full article here: https://apnews.com/article/tennessee-titans-nfl-sports-jon-robinson-20417e2d86a30db61271ac58d0e6bf90

i dunno, man. i actually think the idea of vrabel having this imposed on him feels less justifiable than the idea that their relationship deteriorated lol. and i don't think amy actually has that much of a reason to lie about that.

i think robinson badly screwing up the AJB situation is basically a given at this point, but the specific stuff in that video seems way too convenient. they also say that he went rogue and got dennis daley without staff input, which strains belief. just seems too neat that the worst player on our team and worst acquisition of the offseason just happened to be that kind of situation (and if the staff really didn’t want him, why would they be relentlessly committed to putting him on the damn field?)

Well at least AAS got out there and talked to the media since a lot of people were upset she was "Hiding" lol

And yes Jrob screwed up the AJ contract so bad it got him fired. Also Corey Davis! Not a lot of talk about him messing that up and I know a lot of you wanted him gone cause he 100% underperformed as a top 5 pick but to not even offer him a contract which CD has said he was all for a home town discount is just silly.. Give me Corey Davis and that 2nd last year over a washed Julio and

Give me Burks CD Bobby trees this year! Giving your QB ALL new WRs outside NWI.. A couple rookies UDFAs and one vet coming off a ACL is a damn shame. 

And Daley still out there is weird man. Thats on the staff.. TRADING FOR HIM THO? Thats insane!

All in all things could get much worse see the 10 years after 2008 but things could get SO much better man! I'm over all this now and moving forward

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not saying it made a big deal but I think Amy underestimated the impact firing your GM in the middle of season would have. 

Everything felt chaotic from that point on. Well more than it did previously. 

I think it set a tone of failure that they never recovered from. 

Burned IR returns. 

And what did we gain?  Could have waited til tomorrow. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not saying it made a big deal but I think Amy underestimated the impact firing your GM in the middle of season would have. 

Everything felt chaotic from that point on. Well more than it did previously. 

I think it set a tone of failure that they never recovered from. 

Burned IR returns. 

And what did we gain?  Could have waited til tomorrow. 

Probably the wrong decision in hindsight from a timing perspective. I highly doubt we got any “head start”. Think it was a big power move from AAS. Again, don’t necessarily disagree with firing Robinson, but this had a tinge of Irsay to it. 

I think the train was coming off the tracks on the season regardless, though, but who knows what it did to players psyches.

massive offseason ahead. This is very much the crossroads.

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Probably the wrong decision in hindsight from a timing perspective. I highly doubt we got any “head start”. Think it was a big power move from AAS. Again, don’t necessarily disagree with firing Robinson, but this had a tinge of Irsay to it. 

I think the train was coming off the tracks on the season regardless, though, but who knows what it did to players psyches.

massive offseason ahead. This is very much the crossroads.

Yeah I can see him getting fired especially if we still finished on 7 game losing streak. 

Timing still is puzzling. We didn't gain a thing by it. 

I don't mind firing him mid-season, because it didn't necessarily matter, most of his work for the season was over.

I wish it didn't happen immediately after the Eagles game, because that made it seem as if it was all about AJB.

I just wish I could have been the first to create this thread lol.