Titans Fire Jon Robinson (No, this isn't a joke)

-Hope-

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And here’s the thing. I dislike Downing. Think he’s a bad OC, but the message being sent by keeping him and firing Robinson couldn’t be more clear. They think the offensive problems are a clear talent issue and that no coaching change can fix the mess Robinson created on that side of the ball.

And I can’t argue with that.

The talent is bad for sure but his playcalling and feel for the game are still terrible lol

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And here’s the thing. I dislike Downing. Think he’s a bad OC, but the message being sent by keeping him and firing Robinson couldn’t be more clear. They think the offensive problems are a clear talent issue and that no coaching change can fix the mess Robinson created on that side of the ball.

And I can’t argue with that.

it's hard to dispute, but it also makes it feel likelier that downing gets a THIRD year here after not once fielding anything resembling a competent offense. which is not great.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I can argue all day with that.lol

If we talking Robinson or Downing then I can go on for a while. lol

Meh. They’ve both been bad the last two years. But it’s easier to fire a GM responsible for the complete lack of talent in December than it is to fire an OC. 

I think Todd Downing is a terrible OC.

I also think that Kyle Shanahan would look bad with this personnel. Imagine a Kyle Shanahan offense where the running game is trash because your OL is garbage and can't run or pass block.

I still think we see Downing let go or stripped of responsibility in the off-season.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I also think that Kyle Shanahan would look bad with this personnel. Imagine a Kyle Shanahan offense where the running game is trash because your OL is garbage and can't run or pass block.

I still think we see Downing let go or stripped of responsibility in the off-season.

Would not be surprised if it happened sooner than later. Vrabel seems to be powering up.

The timing is what is awkward to me. Especially with Vrabel's crossroads comment. I interpreted that as a shot at Robinson and the roster. I wonder if something happened behind the scenes that caused this to happen, or if there was already an on-going power struggle following the AJB trade and Vrabel won after Sunday.

Even if the talent is bad the job of the OC is to find ways to be effective and making adjustments. We’re terrible and he’s still doin the same things over and over no adjustments at all. If they can fire Robinson they can fire him lol. Just look at our offensive numbers its embarrassing lol

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

Even if the talent is bad the job of the OC is to find ways to be effective and making adjustments. We’re terrible and he’s still doin the same things over and over no adjustments at all. If they can fire Robinson they can fire him lol. Just look at our offensive numbers its embarrassing lol

To an extent, but when NWI and CJ Board are your #2 and #3 WRs, you might as well just run into 12 man boxes and try to win on defense instead of having your just solid QB turn the ball over trying to win it all by himself.

Just now, TitanSS said:

A lot of a GMs job is done in the off-season. Maybe the firing during the season is thought to give them more time to prepare a GM for the off-season.

Yea makes sense.. Whoever they interview will be able to give them a plan on how they’d work the roster and the players they’d keep etc.. I feel like Crowder will keep the job honestly. Hasn’t he been getting interviewed for GM jobs?

I mean, please, fire Downing. But when Vrabel’s identity is clearly based around physical football and the run game, you shouldn’t be surprised that Robinson is held more accountable for assembling this abomination of an offensive line than Downing is for not being able to run the ball with this abomination of an offensive line.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Kyle shanahan wouldn’t allow his OL to get this bad, he knows the foundation of his offense starts with the run game, hints why he traded for the best LT in football 

• Like 1