2. 2. NFC

• LA Rams
    • Seattle
    • Dallas
    • Washington
    • Detroit
    • Carolina
    • Atlanta

Polls to identify who FF believe the WC teams will be.

This question assumes PHI, NO, NE and PIT (and 4 others) will occupy non-WC spots. Pick the two teams who you think will get the WC spots, based on your predictions of the playoff picture overall 

Seahawks still have the Eagles, Jaguars, Rams, and Cowboys (with Elliott back and could still be fighting for the playoffs) to deal with.  Rams have a difficult schedule as well, but I see them winning enough to hold onto the division.  I have the Seahawks beating the 49ers and Cardinals to put them at 8 wins, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went 1-3 in that stretch to put them at 9-7.  That probably won't be good enough for a wildcard spot.

That leaves the 3 NFC South teams.  Saints still have to play the Panthers next week and whoever wins that game (assuming both teams either win or lose this week) will have the division lead.  They also have 2 games left against the Falcons, but the Falcons are 2 games behind with games left against the Saints 2x, Panthers, and Vikings.  3 out of those 4 are at home though.  I have the Panthers dropping the 2 games against the Saints and Falcons, but them beating the Jets and winning their home games against the Vikings, Packers, and Bucs to get them to 11-5.  I think the Falcons can get to at least 10-6, splitting to the Saints and losing to the Vikings while winning the rest of the way.

Lions would need to go 4-2 down the stretch to get to 10-6, but they would lose a head-to-head tiebreaker against the Falcons and Panthers.  Panthers conference record could come back to haunt them if it ends up Panthers/Falcons/Lions in a three way tie.

tl;dr - Panthers and Falcons will take the last 2 wildcard spots.  If the playoff picture remained as is, it would give us the Vikings vs Falcons and Rams (potentially Seahawks) vs Panthers.

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

There's two WC teams per conference, right? 

Yes but

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

PHI, NO, NE and PIT (and 4 others)

the bolded makes it a little ambigious, maybe I'm just dumb; I'd vote for Tennessee and Baltimore to make the WC spots in the first poll, so I guess that carries with it the implication that KC and Jax win their divisions.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Yes but

the bolded makes it a little ambigious, maybe I'm just dumb; I'd vote for Tennessee and Baltimore to make the WC spots in the first poll, so I guess that carries with it the implication that KC and Jax win their divisions.

I'm just trying to get the two teams that people think will occupy the WC spots. So, it means you have your 4 div winners predicted, but this poll is just after the final two teams. 

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Seahawks still have the Eagles, Jaguars, Rams, and Cowboys (with Elliott back and could still be fighting for the playoffs) to deal with.  Rams have a difficult schedule as well, but I see them winning enough to hold onto the division.  I have the Seahawks beating the 49ers and Cardinals to put them at 8 wins, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went 1-3 in that stretch to put them at 9-7.  That probably won't be good enough for a wildcard spot.

That leaves the 3 NFC South teams.  Saints still have to play the Panthers next week and whoever wins that game (assuming both teams either win or lose this week) will have the division lead.  They also have 2 games left against the Falcons, but the Falcons are 2 games behind with games left against the Saints 2x, Panthers, and Vikings.  3 out of those 4 are at home though.  I have the Panthers dropping the 2 games against the Saints and Falcons, but them beating the Jets and winning their home games against the Vikings, Packers, and Bucs to get them to 11-5.  I think the Falcons can get to at least 10-6, splitting to the Saints and losing to the Vikings while winning the rest of the way.

Lions would need to go 4-2 down the stretch to get to 10-6, but they would lose a head-to-head tiebreaker against the Falcons and Panthers.  Panthers conference record could come back to haunt them if it ends up Panthers/Falcons/Lions in a three way tie.

tl;dr - Panthers and Falcons will take the last 2 wildcard spots.  If the playoff picture remained as is, it would give us the Vikings vs Falcons and Rams (potentially Seahawks) vs Panthers.

They were my two for NFC as well. But I'm struggling to count out the Seahawks.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina and Seattle take the spots. 

Archived