Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hate the condition based stuff based on team success.  Rodgers could play lights out but some other factor could cost us draft capital.  I'd rather have it based on Rodgers availability.  If he shows up for 2024 Packers get a 2nd.  If he starts X number of games the Packers get a 1st.  

The only condition I'd even entertain if was Gute would be a roster stipulation (in case of retirement).

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hate the condition based stuff based on team success.  Rodgers could play lights out but some other factor could cost us draft capital.  I'd rather have it based on Rodgers availability.  If he shows up for 2024 Packers get a 2nd.  If he starts X number of games the Packers get a 1st.  

That'd be ideal, but you also have to put yourself in the shoes of the other team's GM.  If you're trading for Rodgers, you're trading for him to win the Super Bowl.  Not to see how many games you get out of him.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That'd be ideal, but you also have to put yourself in the shoes of the other team's GM.  If you're trading for Rodgers, you're trading for him to win the Super Bowl.  Not to see how many games you get out of him.

You are also trading for the revenue he's going to generate for your organization through merchandise, etc. Having the pick based on playing time seems reasonable. Nobody can guarantee wins just because they show up.

Needs two or more teams bidding. That will alleviate much of the picks with contingencies attached to them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

You are also trading for the revenue he's going to generate for your organization through merchandise, etc. Having the pick based on playing time seems reasonable. Nobody can guarantee wins just because they show up.

Needs two or more teams bidding. That will alleviate much of the picks with contingencies attached to them. 

These aren't teams bleeding for money.  According to Forbes, the Jets are the 7th most valuable franchise in the NFL and Las Vegas is 9th.  This isn't MLB.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Someday fans will begin to understand that the money is what drives everything.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

These aren't teams bleeding for money.  According to Forbes, the Jets are the 7th most valuable franchise in the NFL and Las Vegas is 9th.  This isn't MLB.

jets being 7th most valuable team might be the biggest surprise of the year for me.

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty sure the teams only make money from their official pro shops. Any online or secondary stores profits get split evenly between all teams.

Just now, Old Guy said:

They are in the biggest market in the US. Why would that surprise you?

I'd think the Giants would take the majority of the NY market and the Jets would be the New York equivalent of the chargers.  And football seems a bit unique with large cities = valuable teams.  

Green Bay being a good example. 

2 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I'd think the Giants would take the majority of the NY market and the Jets would be the New York equivalent of the chargers.  And football seems a bit unique with large cities = valuable teams.  

Not really! 

Most valuable NFL franchises revealed: Cowboys and Patriots top 2021 ranking, Bills and Bengals at the bottom - CBSSports.com

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty sure the teams only make money from their official pro shops. Any online or secondary stores profits get split evenly between all teams.

Patriot Place

Titletown District

Teams can and do invest in local real estate as well. Which is driven by getting people to come out to a GameDay atmosphere. Which is driven by having players they want to see.

• Like 1

I think for longevity and draft purposes, I'd rather have him go to LV.  He could go to the Jets, but he'd know Hackett and that's about it.  If his season with the Jets blows and the NY media is all over him he'd probably retire.  I think in LV, Adams could probably talk him into 2024 which could involve draft picks for the Packers. 

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

I have a good bit of family and a lot of friends in NY/NJ(actually friends with a Mara). I would say the Jets are just as popular if not more and have a significantly more loyal fanbase.

• Like 1