Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Personally, this is the most annoying part of Rodgers and one of the main reasons I'm ready to move on. His biggest concern is keeping his closest friends on the team so he can play with them again, regardless of whether they are over-the-hill and/or JAGs. Wanting Randall Cobb back on the team from a football standpoint is an indefensible position and certainly not one geared towards winning a championship. 

I don't think I would characterise Bak as a JAG.

Just now, Pugger said:

I don't think I would characterise Bak as a JAG.

He certainly isn't. In fact, I'd try hard to keep Bak at least for one more year to protect Love's blind-side. Keep the OL together and restructure Jones as well. The goal should be to give Love as much, if not more, on offense that Rodgers had this past season if you want to get a fair evaluation of him as a QB. 

I would quickly point out that among that group Cobb won't be back, Lewis and or Tonyan will be gone, along with doubtful for a bunch others like Lazard, Jones, Smith, Amos, Crosby, Lowry, Reed.............

Just maybe Lord Rodg would think maybe he'd like to talk about another option...

I'd be open to also bringing back Tonyan on a long term deal.  7-8M/average value per year.  3-4 years.  

Sooner or later you gotta move on from Cobb, but I'd say if Rodgers is back, I have no issue bringing back Cobb on a 1 year $3M deal.

Same goes for Lewis, but it's vets minimum for him.

And Crosby?  Kindda have to find another one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

With ****ty cap situation:)

If I am love, I would demand trade right away. He ain’t winning with that cap hell anyway. 

Love has zero leverage in the situation.  He can demand all he wants.  He's done nothing really in the league and he is on his rookie deal.

When he does play, in 2025, the team will be just fine and built nicely for him.  Watson and Doubs in their prime.  Lots of OL who could be core starters.  The foundation is already there.

• Like 1

Cobb is invaluable to the WR room.  He isn't what he once was by any stretch but still had some big catches this year.   

He's the go between with the young WRs and Rodgers.  I think he's vastly underrated in their development this year.  Cobb can answer a lot of their questions in the classroom.   Why do we do this, why do we do that.  

If Rodgers is back, I want Cobb back.  Make him the 6th WR, he's too valuable to the kid WRs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

In reading the recap of Rodgers appearance on the McAfee show it sure sounds like he is open for a trade if the Packers want to enter a rebuild phase.  He said he has to feel like he has a chance to win it all or he's not interested.  My guess is that the Packers will bow once again to Aaron and start redoing contracts and signing his buddies again, but maybe they will surprise and tell him that they wish to go younger and give Love a shot. 

qNUEPBOz_normal.jpg

"If there's a rebuild going on, I won't be a part of it." If they want to go younger, they'll go with Love and Rodgers (if he wants to play) will play somewhere else. "There's no point in coming back if you can't win it all.''

Said the guy who didn't have a single 300 yd passing game.

And that's in a league geared to the passing game.

$50M game manager with pisspooor body language. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He certainly isn't. In fact, I'd try hard to keep Bak at least for one more year to protect Love's blind-side. Keep the OL together and restructure Jones as well. The goal should be to give Love as much, if not more, on offense that Rodgers had this past season if you want to get a fair evaluation of him as a QB. 

If Cincy offered the net value of a early/mid 2nd round pick for Bahktiari, would you do it?

say Cincy late 1st + 2023 4th  for Bahktiari + 2023 3rd

net trade value around 540, puts it at a pick in the mid 30's:  getting  700 + 44 ---- sending out 200

Edited by squire12

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'd be open to also bringing back Tonyan on a long term deal.  7-8M/average value per year.  3-4 years.  

Sooner or later you gotta move on from Cobb, but I'd say if Rodgers is back, I have no issue bringing back Cobb on a 1 year $3M deal.

Same goes for Lewis, but it's vets minimum for him.

And Crosby?  Kindda have to find another one.

Welcome to another 8-9 season.

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If Cincy offered the net value of a early/mid 2nd round pick for Bahktiari, would you do it?

say Cincy late 1st + 2023 4th  for Bahktiari + 2023 3rd

net trade value around 540, puts it at a pick in the mid 30's:  getting  700 + 44 ---- sending out 200

Yea if a trade was available, sure, I'd pull the trigger and then just resign Nijman. 

I was talking more about releasing him. That I wouldn't do, at least not this year. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea if a trade was available, sure, I'd pull the trigger and then just resign Nijman. 

I was talking more about releasing him. That I wouldn't do, at least not this year. 

I think if GB is looking to move on from Rodgers to Love, as much as I would want Bahktiari as a LT in that situation, I think the window to contend is not 2023 or probably 2024.  So if Bahktiari is not in the plans during the contention window 2024 and beyond, I would look to move him to a team that would like to protect their elite QB.  Cincy and KC might be options.  

GB drafted the group of OL and at some point, seeing what you have with them is needed.  Can Tom be a LT?  Nijman?  Walker?  Jones?   Is there a need to draft a LT that can grow with the unit and be a solid 4-6 group in the contending window