Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think if GB is looking to move on from Rodgers to Love, as much as I would want Bahktiari as a LT in that situation, I think the window to contend is not 2023 or probably 2024.  So if Bahktiari is not in the plans during the contention window 2024 and beyond, I would look to move him to a team that would like to protect their elite QB.  Cincy and KC might be options.  

GB drafted the group of OL and at some point, seeing what you have with them is needed.  Can Tom be a LT?  Nijman?  Walker?  Jones?   Is there a need to draft a LT that can grow with the unit and be a solid 4-6 group in the contending window

I think Tom could be a plus at LT.

But this whole Bakh situation reminds me of Chad Clifton.  Favre's LT.  Who also was old and beaten up, yet became Rodger's left tackle.

No reason to think Bakh isn't in the same kind of situation.

Only difference is....Tom.  If Tom can do it at a high enough level....then you really gotta think about a trade like the one that was proposed.

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If Cincy offered the net value of a early/mid 2nd round pick for Bahktiari, would you do it?

say Cincy late 1st + 2023 4th  for Bahktiari + 2023 3rd

net trade value around 540, puts it at a pick in the mid 30's:  getting  700 + 44 ---- sending out 200

Of course elite LTs like him don't grow on trees and if his knee holds up he can still play like an All-Pro for a couple more years protecting AR or Love's backside.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If Rodgers breaks his thumb again, perhaps.

But with the WR's getting experience, along with the OL and the return to health of #12, no reason this isn't a 10-12 win team.

Plus our young WRs should be better going forward.  We need to improve our TE room no matter who our QB is.  Not one TE on this roster will keep opposing DCs up at night.

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No reason to think Bakh isn't in the same kind of situation.

I think you only entertain trade offers for Bakhtiari IF you think Tom can play LT at a reasonably high level AND someone was willing to pay a legit price for Bakh.

58 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'd be open to also bringing back Tonyan on a long term deal.  7-8M/average value per year.  3-4 years.  

Sooner or later you gotta move on from Cobb, but I'd say if Rodgers is back, I have no issue bringing back Cobb on a 1 year $3M deal.

Same goes for Lewis, but it's vets minimum for him.

And Crosby?  Kindda have to find another one.

Why would you pay Tonyan that money?  I want him back on another 1 year 1m.  

47 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:
“I think I can win MVP again in the right situation. Right situation, is that Green Bay or somewhere else? I’m not sure” - Aaron Rodgers today on The McAfee Show.

"I have complained and cried my way to a new franchise-crippling contract every 2 years but my loyalty is rather sparse so I'd rather act like the team let me down than accept I'm playing like ****"

• Like 5

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

They want to win in their window of time and Purdy may not be what they want.  Just saying if SF wants Rodgers, send Purdy our way.

They wouldn't.  There's absolutely ZERO reason to trade him unless they're getting back a haul.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Personally, this is the most annoying part of Rodgers and one of the main reasons I'm ready to move on. His biggest concern is keeping his closest friends on the team so he can play with them again, regardless of whether they are over-the-hill and/or JAGs. Wanting Randall Cobb back on the team from a football standpoint is an indefensible position and certainly not one geared towards winning a championship. 

He also singled out Lazard.

Well, hopefully Bradywatch drowns out Rodgerswatch somewhat. I’m not going to sit on every bait article trying to figure out will he/won’t he. I’d say 80% he’s back in GB. 20% somewhere else or retires and I really don’t think he’ll retire.