Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I think you only entertain trade offers for Bakhtiari IF you think Tom can play LT at a reasonably high level

This is something we won't know during the offseason, so going to table this portion of your statement.  I agree with it.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

AND someone was willing to pay a legit price for Bakh.

So what is the legit price for Bahktiari?

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone else feel like Rodgers wants the Packers to show him a sign of faith by trading Jordan Love before he commits?

No.  I feel he wants them to bow down to all of his wishes, not just that one.  Bring back, Cobb, Lazard, Crosby, Lewis, Tonyan and likely a couple more.  And then beg.   

Worked last time.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone else feel like Rodgers wants the Packers to show him a sign of faith by trading Jordan Love before he commits?

I think he might want GB to be the ones who make the first move.  Making his " decision " easier and looks better in the public eye.

That move could be an either or action on the following

-- Bahktiari 

-- Jones 

-- Lewis

-- Crosby

-- Love

GB needs to get under the cap.  Bahktiari and Jones may be pieces of that process.  

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

This is something we won't know during the offseason, so going to table this portion of your statement.  I agree with it.

He won't be moved this year and possibly never.

Next year would be palatable if the Packers wanted to move him for some reason, and the cost I believe would be high assuming he's healthy.  He is elite at a premium position at a young age yet

58 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:
1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:
“I think I can win MVP again in the right situation. Right situation, is that Green Bay or somewhere else? I’m not sure” - Aaron Rodgers today on The McAfee Show.

"I have complained and cried my way to a new franchise-crippling contract every 2 years but my loyalty is rather sparse so I'd rather act like the team let me down than accept I'm playing like ****"

Odd to speak of personal awards vs Super Bowl titles/ team success.  Maybe more to it than that quote.

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

He won't be moved this year and possibly never.

Next year would be palatable if the Packers wanted to move him for some reason, and the cost I believe would be high assuming he's healthy.  He is elite at a premium position at a young age yet

If GB were to transition to Love.  Would you sign Bahktiari to another contract when his current deal ends?  I get he is a upper tier LT when healthy, but the timeline post Rodgers doesn't really match up with Bahktiari on another contract.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That's a tough question.  Honestly, I'm not sure I'd offer a premium pick for Bakhtiari given his recent injury history.  I think you'd probably see teams try and pivot towards a '24 pick instead.  I could see something like a 3rd this year plus a conditional 3rd round pick that can go as high as a SRP, but is that enough for Green Bay to budge?  I'm not sure it is.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's a tough question.  Honestly, I'm not sure I'd offer a premium pick for Bakhtiari given his recent injury history.  I think you'd probably see teams try and pivot towards a '24 pick instead.  I could see something like a 3rd this year plus a conditional 3rd round pick that can go as high as a SRP, but is that enough for Green Bay to budge?  I'm not sure it is.

I'm not sure either.  Might depend on the team.  Cincinnati,  KC that are in the title contention window with elite tier QB might offer more for him.  I'm thinking a pick value in the 35-50 range is reasonable.

New team would take on cap hits...

2023 Around $23M

2024 around $27M

Both years have some movable money to lessen the cap hits and tack on a year or 2.

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If GB were to transition to Love.  Would you sign Bahktiari to another contract when his current deal ends?  I get he is a upper tier LT when healthy, but the timeline post Rodgers doesn't really match up with Bahktiari on another contract.

Never rule out anything, and listen to offers should they come.  I think he plays out this contract here unless we're blown away from an offer and we have a replacement.  Tom or Nijman as it sits right now at LT.  I think beyond that the team is not likely to offer him another contract.

I don't believe the team is necessarily out of post season potential if ol Rodg is moved.  I think we may be out of that potential because of our cap situation, and much of that because of ol Rodg.  I don't want to see our future pushed out without an end in sight, the locomotive is coming fast down the tracks and we're tied to it.  It's time to start managing to that end.  Get younger, add more young talent, stay strong on both lines.  We can still win with that.

17 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Never rule out anything, and listen to offers should they come.  I think he plays out this contract here unless we're blown away from an offer and we have a replacement.  Tom or Nijman as it sits right now at LT.  I think beyond that the team is not likely to offer him another contract.

I don't believe the team is necessarily out of post season potential if ol Rodg is moved.  I think we may be out of that potential because of our cap situation, and much of that because of ol Rodg.  I don't want to see our future pushed out without an end in sight, the locomotive is coming fast down the tracks and we're tied to it.  It's time to start managing to that end.  Get younger, add more young talent, stay strong on both lines.  We can still win with that.

GB is around $15M over the projected 2023 cap.  

There are a handful of players that can be restructured/ traded/ cut to get meaningful cap space

Alexander, Clark, Jones, Smith, Bahktiari,  Campbell,  Douglas

Tough decisions may be needed in terms of 2023 and 2024+ for cap purposes.