Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Good post - any thoughts on Tennessee to add to this list? They felt like a possibility last year and I'm not sure what's changed. They didn't trust the rookie to throw the ball at all.

Tennessee is probably far more likely than most of the teams on there.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They save 45 mil from dumping Tannehill, Lewan and Woods. Plus how is #11 a mediocre pick!?1

In relation to other landing spots #11 is mediocre. Raiders got #7, Falcons got #8, Colts got #4.

The Packers might view the Jets #13 as better than the Titans #11 because they are an AFC team, sacrificing a few draft slots to ensure Rodgers is out of the conference.

Edit: ignore that, i had it in my mind Tennessee was an NFC team.

I didn't see Lewan and Woods minimal cap hits and the amount they would save. They're currently $-23,297,933 over the cap. Cutting these two would put them $3,559,733 under the cap. Cutting Tannehill would lower that even further to $21,359,733.

Edit: corrected the cap totals. I had a brainfart a few times in this post.

So yes Tennessee could definitely be a viable option

Edited by Chili

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It just doesn't make sense to trade a very productive RB just to turn around and use that pick to draft their replacement

It doesn't make sense to replace (potentially) the same production and save $10million in cap space?

It absolutely makes sense to do that. Every team would trade a veteran for a rookie they thought was just as good.

Bijan would be better than Jones Next year, and a top 3 back for the next decade, Jones is 3 years tops from being out of the league. Jerrod McKinnon can give you what Jones does at this point.

Why…you wanna keep Jones and pay him 20m? or restructure and extend him 3-4 years with void years and add to our cap hell? He will be 30 next year, how man 30 year old back are worth contracts? Maybe if you still have ARod and goo all in and want to keep team chemistry, but if going with Love, start over, rip all the bandaids off and start over.

Edited by fattlipp

9 minutes ago, Chili said:

In relation to other landing spots #11 is mediocre. Raiders got #7, Falcons got #8, Colts got #4.

The Packers might view the Jets #13 as better than the Titans #11 because they are an AFC team, sacrificing a few draft slots to ensure Rodgers is out of the conference. - ignore that, i had it in my mind Tennessee was an NFC team.

I didn't see Lewan and Woods minimal cap hits and the amount they would save. They're currently $-23,297,933 over the cap. Cutting these two would put them £3,559,733 under the cap. Cutting Tannehill would push them back over the cap at $-14,240,267. I'm still not sure they have the flexibility they need to pull off trading Rodgers.

Edit: I'm not sure my maths is right. Feel free to correct me.

They gain 18m from cutting Tanny. They'd be 22m under by cutting those 3. They're also an AFC team so your point about the Jets doesn't make sense.

I don't see the Falcons or Colts having any interest in aging QBs, their rosters aren't good enough to go all in.

It's the Titans, Raiders or Jets for Rodgers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They gain 18m from cutting Tanny. They'd be 22m under by cutting those 3. They're also an AFC team so your point about the Jets doesn't make sense.

I don't see the Falcons or Colts having any interest in aging QBs, their rosters aren't good enough to go all in.

Why not the Saints or Tampa?

Arod going to Tampa and winning it all with Brady’s roster that went 8-9 seems like something ARod would like to do,

hell get 24 and 25 1sts when TB will suck..

Edited by fattlipp

11 hours ago, Chili said:

They have the one of the worst cap space in the NFL and they seem stuck with Tannehill's contract.

Not only that they have a mediocre #11 first round pick and isn't going to generate much interest from the Packers.

I don't see it.

The Titans have a **** ton of virtual cap space and save almost $18m when they cut Tannehill. They are absolutely a top destination for Rodgers.

Also, welcome back!

8 hours ago, Sandy said:

The Titans have a **** ton of virtual cap space and save almost $18m when they cut Tannehill. They are absolutely a top destination for Rodgers.

Also, welcome back!

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

18 hours ago, Chili said:

The Packers might view the Jets #13 as better than the Titans #11 because they are an AFC team, sacrificing a few draft slots to ensure Rodgers is out of the conference.

Edit: ignore that, i had it in my mind Tennessee was an NFC team.

I didn't see Lewan and Woods minimal cap hits and the amount they would save. They're currently $-23,297,933 over the cap. Cutting these two would put them $3,559,733 under the cap. Cutting Tannehill would lower that even further to $21,359,733.

Edit: corrected the cap totals. I had a brainfart a few times in this post.

So yes Tennessee could definitely be a viable option

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Tennessee is probably far more likely than most of the teams on there.

What am I missing here? Why would Rodgers want to go to Tennessee? Especially when they’re Supposedly cutting a top Tackle and WR and have minimal other targets? And then have another somewhat high draft pick young QB who wants to play sitting behind you?

edit: also why would Tennessee want him? Are they a 40 yr old QB away from a Super Bowl?

They’re not going to be able to just trade Rodgers wherever they want, Rodgers will have a role in it or he’ll prob just float retirement. As for places he’d want to go I think it would be Raiders bc of Adams, 49ers if they’re in, and maybe Jets.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   If you are using the Matthew Stafford trade package as a minimum measuring stick for what to expect for a potential Aaron Rodgers trade…

🔹Two 1st Round Picks
🔹One 3rd Round Pick
🔹Two-time Pro Bowl QB

… I believe you are going to be disappointed.

• Like 1