Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers isn't going to an NFC team unless they want to overpay. You have 4 AFC teams with top 15 picks that need a QB. Unless an NFC team is willing to toss in a 2nd or a future 1st, no chance Rodgers goes to the NFC.

If Rodgers is traded, I think you greatly overestimate the amount of control the Packer FO will have in the decision of which team he goes to.  It will be completely up to Rodgers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Rodgers is traded, I think you greatly overestimate the amount of control the Packer FO will have in the decision of which team he goes to.  It will be completely up to Rodgers.

Yeah who cares. We probably do not compete in whatever time he has left somewhere else anyways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Packers will ask for a list of teams from him and his agent. I kind of doubt he's going to say it's there or nowhere. 

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

I don't see how you're missing it.

Rodgers owns a home in Nashville. Rumors are he might want to live where when he retires.

Top ten defense.

Derrick Henry.

Stud rookie WR and TE going into their second seasons.

Warmer weather in winters.

Respected coaching staff.

After they acquire him and activate his option, they'll still have about $35m in cap space to figure out the rest.

Who? Burks and his ~400 yards and 1TD is a stud so far? GB even seems to have better young WRs than them… by a solid margin. 

defense is definitely a plus 

Rodgers is the one who frequently says he likes it cold even if he hasn’t played well in it the past couple years. 

im not saying it wont happen, I’m saying I don’t see the talent that would make a 40 ye old QB pick Tenn. GB, LV, and Jets app have better rosters. And certainly the 49ers if they get involved again. 

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Eh, not completely but the team sure isn’t totally dictating where he’s going like some here think.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

@CWood21 @AlexGreen#20@Packerraymond what is the realistic value of Rodgers on the trade market? I would assume the acquiring team would want 2 years of him playing minimum. 

I'd say a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2023, and then perhaps conditional pick/s in 2024 if he plays (maybe another 2nd or 3rd).  

• Like 1

At this point.....I'd probably welcome a trade simply as a change of pace. I've lost all confidence that AR can get it done in crunch time.....he's simply failed too often for me to think he can control / dictate the outcome. Why should I expect that to change?

If he comes back....I'll certainly hope for / root for the best however.

Hope springs eternal.

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

@CWood21 @AlexGreen#20@Packerraymond what is the realistic value of Rodgers on the trade market? I would assume the acquiring team would want 2 years of him playing minimum. 

I'm struggling to find a price for Rodgers.  If you can get a late FRP plus a conditional pick in 2024 that is tied to team/individual success, I'd consider that a success.

• Like 1