Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Matt Schneiderman put an interesting consideration out there. 

A team giving up a somewhat early pick like a 2nd and that a conditional 1st rounder in 2024 if Rodgers plays. Teams may not want to give up a load of high picks for someone who may not even play in 2024.

Yeah I see that.  Or a performance based conditional.  I don’t think they can get more than a high 2nd in 2023.  Would be nice to get a mid rounder thrown in there too

Then another pick for 2024

Edited by LacyIsGood

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

What better options will he have then would be the question even if he didn’t want him. Brady looked cooked. His team over paying for Lamar? Who else?

Plus, Brady throws short and over the middle. Hunter Renfrow would prosper with Brady, but Adams would struggle. 

Agree on Brady looking cooked as well. 

3 hours ago, LacyIsGood said:

If I understand correctly…his 3 year extension is really a 1 year deal, re-evaluate, and then a 2 year deal.  That signals some stability to a trading team. Also everyone knows his retirement talk is just a leverage play

You guys act like there's a huge market for 40 year old diva QBs. No team is going to want to trade the requisite capital to acquire him and Gutes already made it clear we aren't trading him for pennies on the dollar. Just get the idea out of your head now because it isn't happening. 

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You guys act like there's a huge market for 40 year old diva QBs. No team is going to want to trade the requisite capital to acquire him and Gutes already made it clear we aren't trading him for pennies on the dollar. Just get the idea out of your head now because it isn't happening. 

Not true at all....in fact you should be very happy when we trade him to the Jets for draft picks....AND....they send us your #2 QB man crush Wilson to back up Love!  :)

9 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure anyone should conclude San Francisco is off the market for a QB. Jimmy G got them to the Super Bowl but not over the hump. Shanahan decided to go get Lance.

In order for Purdy's job to be safe next year, he needs to win it all IMO. Dallas exposed his limitations yesterday. Not sure SF can beat Cincinnati with Purdy at QB. 

The problem with San Fran being a destination is draft capital or lack thereof. 

I wouldn't shut them out, but I'd definitely put them in the very unlikely (<1%) category.  It's not just the Brock Purdy success, but the fact that they invested 3 FRPs into Trey Lance.  One of them is their starting QB next year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  I heard this reasonable Aaron Rodgers trade compensation package on Head of the Pack today:

2023 Day 2 Pick
2024 Conditional 1st Round Pick

2024 condition on if Rodgers plays in 2024

Assuming this is a typo?  It's going to be really hard to include a '24 pick when the '24 season happens after.  What's stopping the team the Packers trading him to convincing Rodgers to "retire" before the draft, and then unretire after.