Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't shut them out, but I'd definitely put them in the very unlikely (<1%) category.  It's not just the Brock Purdy success, but the fact that they invested 3 FRPs into Trey Lance.  One of them is their starting QB next year.

Trey Lance did not look the part this year at all. Granted it was 2 games I believe. After next year for Lance it's 5th year option decision. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Assuming this is a typo?  It's going to be really hard to include a '24 pick when the '24 season happens after.  What's stopping the team the Packers trading him to convincing Rodgers to "retire" before the draft, and then unretire after.

Put it in the deal whoever they pick becomes our player. I'd not be fond of that sort of deal because you want to select your own. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Trey Lance did not look the part this year at all. Granted it was 2 games I believe. After next year for Lance it's 5th year option decision. 

I mean, if it was just a single FRP they invested into him I'd agree.  But trading for Rodgers is effectively admitting that the 49ers made a huge mistake with him.  So you've essentially invested 4+ FRPs into the position assuming San Francisco gives up a FRP.  That's a LOT of egg.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, if it was just a single FRP they invested into him I'd agree.  But trading for Rodgers is effectively admitting that the 49ers made a huge mistake with him.  So you've essentially invested 4+ FRPs into the position assuming San Francisco gives up a FRP.  That's a LOT of egg.

That is the problem with trading him to SF. They don't pick until round 3 this year. 

Said it all along and I'll say it again. He's going to Vegas to play with Tae and win another MVP. He wants five like Peyton has so he can have his claim to being the GOAT. Blame the lack of championships on surrounding cast. 

Edited by Old Guy

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

All signs so far point to the Jets.  

If the Jets owner is willing to give up the 2 - FRPs they'd be the leader in the clubhouse. If he goes there the Jets have to unload Wilson. Rodgers plays two years, and you don't get to see Wilson again. You have to pass on Wilson's 5th year option and the Jets are back to square one QB wise. 

Problem there is what can you expect to get from Wilson? Little to nothing. 

That is a lot of cash to eat for the Jets between Wilson and Rodgers contracts. 

Edited by Old Guy

20 hours ago, Norm said:

I love that kind of stuff but even I have a time getting into it. It was something to put on at the bar when nothing was going on if nothing else.

Yeah I watched a little bit on YouTube but I couldn't get invested. I'd probably have to live in a city with one of those teams to actually care. 

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

If Peter King is correct I'm having a hard time believing the Jets or any other team giving us 2 first round picks for a 40 year old QB with a big contract who's best days are behind him.

The value of draft picks has diminished greatly over the last few seasons. Throw in desperation and two firsts might be in play.

Let's say you're the GM of the Jets and you drafted Zach Wilson and have never led a team that's gone to the playoffs. You're getting fired if you don't get it right, and right now. You bet the future on the present just for job security.

The same situation is happening in LV and WAS, and you have a desperate coach in Tennessee. Someone will pay the draft picks because for them it's Rodgers or unemployment.

Edited by Sandy

9 hours ago, Pugger said:

If Peter King is correct I'm having a hard time believing the Jets or any other team giving us 2 first round picks for a 40 year old QB with a big contract who's best days are behind him.

For the record.....his "best days" were one and two years ago.  And a broken thumb ago.

I mean....there is the "other" side to this.  

And again, I hate all of you that are giving me hope that we can move on from Rodgers and acquire at least one first round pick for him.  

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

For the record.....his "best days" were one and two years ago.  And a broken thumb ago.

I mean....there is the "other" side to this.  

And again, I hate all of you that are giving me hope that we can move on from Rodgers and acquire at least one first round pick for him.  

I like that it seems nearly certain that the Packers would get at least a first round pick for #12 .. possibly much more.  Sell Sell Sell!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like that it seems nearly certain that the Packers would get at least a first round pick for #12 .. possibly much more.  Sell Sell Sell!

I believe that he plays for the Packers or no one at all.  That is what I believe.  It is not what is best for the team, unless winning 10-13 games next year is considered the "best thing".

If we can pull even a single first round pick, I'm all for it.

• Like 1