Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Tough for another player to judge this though. A guy like Tonyan who was not given big numbers or is a player every team fights for may get resentful towards a high and elite player. Could be both dislike for him and resentment or jealousy. I can't imagine what these locker rooms must be like. 

We wont have to worry about it anymore. The mouthpiece is being removed...and although I wouldnt put it past him to continue ragging on the GB FO while on another team (with some gentle assist from McAfee....) - I suspect that will get old quick and get dropped.

19 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Tough for another player to judge this though. A guy like Tonyan who was not given big numbers or is a player every team fights for may get resentful towards a high and elite player. Could be both dislike for him and resentment or jealousy. I can't imagine what these locker rooms must be like. 

Is Tonyan even expressing anything negative?  All he said was that AR's recent behavior is more or less what he (Tonyan) has come to expect over the years.

• Like 1

The funniest spin about "Gute is all to blame" is people saying the Packers "inexplicably" took Jordan Love instead of Tee Higgins (who they never would have taken anyway, they liked Pittman Jr. more).  The whole reason the Packers are in position to get anything from Rodgers and maybe be a better team than they were last year was because they took the successor and gave him time to develop.

It's not like the 2022 season but with Tee Higgins would have given you hope for Rodgers in GB in 2023.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If teammates are at the point where this behavior is just viewed as normal, something definitely needed to change.

I'm sure we'll hear more after the trade.  

Edited by NFLGURU

I think this organization is going to get a breath of fresh air when this trade is done.  Players no longer walking on eggshells, imagine being a HC and having a QB actually run your system and do what you want.  Being a WR and not being ignored.  It's a great opportunity to get your team on the same page. Get a new approach and attittude into the building and refresh the organization.

• Like 1

Ted Thompson gradually lost his mental acuity the last couple seasons with the Packers, but he was a good GM/drafter earlier on and just a good soul, imo. R.I.P. I remember what he said about Rodgers, "He's a complicated fella." I think that was an apt description--in terms of things he says and does, he is a mix of things you like and things you don't like. I neither will vilify him nor deify him. Learned that from the Favre era, where Favre went from deified to villified amongst many of the fans--when neither was accurate nor appropriate...well, ok, at least not the deified part. Haha

I can't fault Rodgers for wanting to win another ring and thus wanting the Jets to have to give up as little as possible to obtain him. But for goodness sake, I also will not fault the Packers for going pure business as possible in negotiations regardless if Rodgers takes it personal. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Is Tonyan even expressing anything negative?  All he said was that AR's recent behavior is more or less what he (Tonyan) has come to expect over the years.

I think it was posted to push a context of issues with AR. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

We wont have to worry about it anymore. The mouthpiece is being removed...and although I wouldnt put it past him to continue ragging on the GB FO while on another team (with some gentle assist from McAfee....) - I suspect that will get old quick and get dropped.

Mouth piece being removed. Until the next one starts. The NFL is riddled with them. It would sure be nice if the media didn't put mics in their face. But then what would be discussed or what would you post about. 

Adams was traded a year ago today, with a similar situation. They knew Adams wanted to go there from the moment he got tagged and they had a few weeks of back and forth. I'd expect this to be wrapped up next week. Doesn't benefit anyone for this to drag into April. Both GMs want to focus on the draft and the remainder of FA.

Per Trey Wingo on the Zach Gelb Show.

"My sources who told me about the Rodgers trade, told me Rodgers will be in New York by next week".

Wingo didn't really elaborate much or wasnt really sure on what the trade compensation would be, just said the trade would be sooner rather than later.

We'll see.

Edited by NFLGURU

41 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

"My sources who told me about the Rodgers trade, told me Rodgers will be in New York by next week".

Wingo didn't really elaborate much or wasnt really sure on what the trade compensation would be, just said the trade would be sooner rather than later.

The way this happens is that Woody Johnson tells Joe Douglas to get it done.  Mark Murphy isn't going to tell Brian Gutekunst to get it done.