Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Stafford goes to NYJs.
AR retires.
We're done here.

No chance he retires, he'd be so pissed at the Jets.  He'd be even more pissed at the Packers for holding up the deal and want his $59 million.

His willingness to go to others teams might need to expand some.

Edited by NFLGURU

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

No chance he retires, he'd be so pissed at the Jets.  He'd be even more pissed at the Packers for holding up the deal and want his $59 million.

His willingness to go to others teams might need to expand some.

He wanted to go to Miami apparently. That was choice 1. But they are like nah, we good with Tua.

Can you imagine? That’s worse than GB wanting to move on.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Perhaps so. Fine. So we trade him somewhere else - if such a place exists. Or - he retires.
Either way...we're done here.

Absolutely, there aren't a lot of places left.  Miami?, NE?, Balt, (who will likely match), there arent a lot of teams left, but you are right, he's done in GB.

Edited by NFLGURU

19 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Absolutely, there aren't a lot of places left.  Miami?, NE?, Balt? there arent a lot of teams left, but you are right, he's done in GB.

Indy?

Plus...dont discount AR calling Woody and giving him **** for not ponying up enough and he might have to go to _____ to collect his cash! Wouldnt that be fun??? :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

Question; supposing the Jets do not flinch and NEVER offer this year's 1st, or, for that matter, any 1st in particular, what course of action do you want to see from our end?

Start planning the Aaron Rodgers retirement ceremony.  Like if he's got the sense that the team doesn't want him (and they've clearly moved on) he's not going to want to play here.  He'll retire pending another opportunity opening up.

10 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Question; supposing the Jets do not flinch and NEVER offer this year's 1st, or, for that matter, any 1st in particular, what course of action do you want to see from our end?

Well if no other team wants to trade for him… and I don’t know if they can do this… I would tell him retire and keep the money we agreed to. Or we restructure your deal where basic GB can outright release him and it does nothing to the packers present or future cap.

Dont know if that can be done. But honestly if they can’t get picks, just getting all of that contract off the books would be a win.

And Rodgers will go for it because he will get his full release.

Edited by Green19

Why is Possible Cabbage wearing a hat on PFP? When did that happen? Does the hat come off after winter? It's getting warmer.

Sorry for my incredulity. I don't remember it being that way. It looks good!

Edited by svp

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Well if no other team wants to trade for him… and I don’t know if they can do this… I would tell him retire and keep the money we agreed to. Or we restructure your deal where basic GB can outright release him and it does nothing to the packers present or future cap.

Dont know if that can be done. But honestly if they can’t get picks, just getting all of that contract off the books would be a win.

And Rodgers will go for it because he will get his full release.

What?

"Sorry Aaron....but things just didnt seem to work out...but dont fret, you wont be leaving empty handed. Okay Johnny......can you tell Aaron his parting gifts????"

"Sure Gutey.....for playing with us Aaron, you get to leave with 60 million dollars!"

WHAT?????????? :)

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

Have to say… I kind of want this to drag out as long as it possibly can.

the daily group therapy sessions media jets fans go thru is pretty entertaining. For someone that doesn’t want his team to give up draft picks… Rich is pretty desperate for a guy he has been critical of to be on his team.

Poor guy. Packers have no leverage, only a contract....but what about Rodgers himself after his comments.

So how do you think Packer fans would react to Rodgers when or if he shows up to the Packers pre-season camp this year if the trade fell through? 

Would he show up at all?

What happens if the Packers told him he was going to have to fight for the job...or that he was going to be a back-up? 

Would he show up just to collect the money and possibly piss some Packer fans off.?

Does Aaron want to go through with this?

I think not.

28 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I know many posters would rather add zero player or draft-pick assets, and would rather absorb much huger cap hits over ensuing years, rather than settle for less.  Pound sand, settle for nothing, and end up much worse off rather than to compromise.  

Personally, I'd say don't be so proud that you hurt the Packers.  Personally, I'd say take what we can get. 

I'd like to see the packers build another team.  Picks, cap, and players can all help that process.  Even if they aren't first round,  

1. 2nd or 3rd round picks are still better than no picks. 
  2. $40 in cap hit is still better than $59 or $70 or whatever it is that we'd get hit with between 23 and 24 (and beyond?) if we don't move him.  
  3. Some players who aren't Garrett Wilson might still contribute to our rebuild.  
  • Like 1

I like this trade idea from Peter King.   It doesn't include the contract portion which can sway it one way or the other, but in general I think it's fair.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/20/peter-king-has-an-aaron-rodgers-trade-proposal-for-packers-and-jets/?taid=641909eac22aaa000154ae78&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1