Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I like this trade idea from Peter King.   It doesn't include the contract portion which can sway it one way or the other, but in general I think it's fair.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/20/peter-king-has-an-aaron-rodgers-trade-proposal-for-packers-and-jets/?taid=641909eac22aaa000154ae78&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

This year I'd take a 2nd and a useful player.  If Rodgers plays 1 snap after the 1st year they get a 1st round choice.  I'd go with that.

lets say Rodgers is not traded before the draft.

draft plays out ....

1. Carolina = Stroud
  2. Houston = Young
  3. ARI = Anderson (or mystery team leaps INDY to take Richardson)
  4. INDY = not in love with either Richardson or Levis..... do they make a play for Rodgers?

Indy trades 1.4 + 2023 4th + 2024 2nd

GB trades Rodgers + 1.15

Thoughts??

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

draft plays out ....

1. Carolina = Stroud
  2. Houston = Young
  4. INDY = not in love with either Richardson or Levis..... do they make a play for Rodgers?

GB trades Rodgers + 1.15

Thoughts??

I think we want more guys on first round contracts rather than a guy at #4. So this would be a no go for me.

15 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm not sure I understand how this would work. He carries a $11M cap hit, but a $1M dead cap hit. He's 28 with limited upside, so let's say the Packers would pay him $4M on the open market. So the idea is the Jets eat the other $6M just so they can trade him to the Packers? The Jets are really going to swallow an additional $5M in an All-In year just to facilitate this?

It seems far more straightforward for the Jets to cut him and for the Packers to pay him open market value.

10 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I like this trade idea from Peter King.   It doesn't include the contract portion which can sway it one way or the other, but in general I think it's fair.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/20/peter-king-has-an-aaron-rodgers-trade-proposal-for-packers-and-jets/?taid=641909eac22aaa000154ae78&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

LOL Peter King hates the Jets. 

I don't think the hold up is draft picks. I think the hold up is the money. The question is how much does GB take on. I think GB wants little to no money and the Jets want then to eat like 1/3 of the contract. 

Jets get Aaon Rodgers and GB takes on some of the cap hit (how much who knows?)

GB gets a third round pick this year and a third round pick next year. If Rodgers gets done after 2023 season the third round pick drops to a 5th round pick. 

From all the reports I see there is no way a first round pick is being moved unless it is a swap of first round picks this year where GB moves up to 13 and jets drop to 15. 

One reporter went around and talked to a bunch of GM's around the league and not 1 said they would give up a first round pick. So if these GM's have no skin in the game and they say no first round pick you have to lean towards that. 

The longer this drags out the more Rodgers will get upset. This is not what GB wants. They want him to leave on good terms just like the GB's GM said. 

Edited by jetfuel34

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think the hold up is draft picks. I think the hold up is the money. The question is how much does GB take on. I think GB wants little to no money and the Jets want then to eat like 1/3 of the contract. 

GB gets a third round pick this year and a third round pick next year. If Rodgers gets done after 2023 season the third round pick drops to a 5th round pick. 

From al the reports I see there is no way a first round pick is being moved unless it is a swap of first round picks this year where GB moves up to 13 and jets drop to 15. 

One reporter went around and talked to a bunch od GM's around the league and not 1 said they would give up a first round pick. So if these GM's have no skin in the game and they say no first round pick you have to lean towards that. 

The longer this drags out the more Rodgers will get upset. This is not what GB wants. They want him to leave on good terms just like the GB's GM said. 

If you're offering a 3rd round pick, enjoy Zach Wilson. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

From al the reports I see there is no way a first round pick is being moved unless it is a swap of first round picks this year where GB moves up to 13 and jets drop to 15. 

One reporter went around and talked to a bunch od GM's around the league and not 1 said they would give up a first round pick. So if these GM's have no skin in the game and they say no first round pick you have to lean towards that. 

To be fair, these GMs with no skin in the game aren't facing getting fired if they don't pull off a trade for a vet QB.

If the trade is for two 3rds this forum would riot and I'm here for it 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

1. From the NY media. Overstating Rodgers age and contract. Look at what Stafford went for. 

2. A bunch of GMs who weren't interested in the first place. Not really a fair valuation.

3. If Rodgers wants to be upset he can look at the Jets trying to low-ball for him. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

1. From the NY media. Overstating Rodgers age and contract. Look at what Stafford went for. 

2. A bunch of GMs who weren't interested in the first place. Not really a fair valuation.

3. If Rodgers wants to be upset he can look at the Jets trying to low-ball for him. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

If all the Jets "pay" for a mvp quarterback to take them to the promised land, a 3rd and a 3rd (at the most), that's a sin if Gute agrees to it.  I don't give a rats butt what other gm's say .. their job isn't on the line to get this done.  A 2nd this year and a player or two plus a 2nd next year if Rodgers plays 1 snap .. nothing tied into how he or the team does.  Anything less and it's a no go.

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

draft plays out ....

1. Carolina = Stroud
  2. Houston = Young

GB trades Rodgers + 1.15

Thoughts??

This obviously won't happen, but would I trade Rodgers for Will Anderson? Yes. So yes I would take this deal, don't even need the 2024 2nd involved (because I am sure it wouldnt be)