Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Maybe, but from the day the season ended they also made it clear that Derek Carr was their 2nd option not their 1st.

Not to mention, they didn't fly out to see Derek Carr either.  Jet fans just don't seem to get it .. without Rodgers their team is going absolutely nowhere.  With Rodgers they probably make the playoffs.  Pay up or shut up.

• Like 1

From Mr. Rodgers point of view.

The Jets don't really want me.  I turned down the trade last year to Denver for 3 1st round picks, because they didn't really want me. If Jets really want me 3 1st round picks is the starting point. I can't get out of bed if they don't really want me. Show me that you really want me, and I'll give you 2 years of playoff football. Show me that you really want me......

8 minutes ago, pack4to84 said:

The Jets don't really want me.  I turned down the trade last year to Denver for 3 1st round picks, because they didn't really want me. If Jets really want me 3 1st round picks is the starting point. I can't get out of bed if they don't really want me. Show me that you really want me, and I'll give you 2 years of playoff football. Show me that you really want me......

Why does he care about trade compensation, that is not a sign of being wanted! Redo my contract if you really want me, or don't force me to play for two years if you really want me. Go get me OBJ if you really want me. That will show him the love...

10 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Why does he care about trade compensation, that is not a sign of being wanted! Redo my contract if you really want me, or don't force me to play for two years if you really want me. Go get me OBJ if you really want me. That will show him the love...

Narcissists think differently. 

Conspiracy of the Day: The more news I hear about this situation, including the latest that the "Packers and Jets haven't talked" and "talks are stalled" etc., the more I start to believe that this entire thing is d.o.n.e. already and probably has been for a week or two. Why? A few reasons: 

1. Start from the beginning -> there simply is no logical explanation or reason why the Packers would allow the Jets to speak with Rodgers in the first place unless compensation was discussed before that communication. That doesn't have to mean that everything was agreed to at that time, but pretty close, or at the very least, the parties were on the same page of what a trade would look like. It simply makes no sense that Gute would tell Douglas, "yea, go chat with Rodgers and formulate a plan for him to be your QB, and then afterwards, we'll talk about what it's going to cost." There's is no way that happened. 
  2. The Jets' actions over the last few weeks -> every single move the Jets have made thus far in FA indicates that they not only believe Rodgers will be a Jet, but that he basically already is. Starting with the signing of Lazard who the Jets very aggressively targeted from the jump. Lazard is a decent player, but I don't buy for one second that the Jets were sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to sign him without Rodgers' influence on the matter. From there, the Jets traded Moore (which was going to happen no matter what) but then immediately signed Hardman, and seem to be the clear frontrunner to land Beckham. Again, I highly doubt the Jets and Beckham would even be talking if the Jets did not already know that Rodgers was 100% going to be a Jet. 

Yet, despite what has happened, the media is saturating the air waves with stories that talks have stalled and that the Packers are dug in on wanting the Jets' 1st rounder, plus more, while the Jets are resolute in not giving up their 1st, etc. Again, fighting over something as big as a 1st round pick is not a "minor issue" that needs to be worked out. That's not a deal that is 90% done. Fighting over a first rounder is quite literally a threshold issue. That is something that is discussed in the first 5 minutes of the first call between Douglas and Gute -- before the Jets even talk to Rodgers. It's a deal-breaking issue (if you assume both sides are serious). IMO, there is quite literally a 0% chance that the conduct described above would have occurred if the Jets and Packers have not even agreed on something as important as a 1st round pick v. no 1st round pick. 

Moreover, the idea that this deal is actually done or basically done also lines up with Wingo reporting that being the case over a week ago. I trust Wingo over most others when it comes to Rodgers news. So what do I think is possibly happening? Quite literally that Gute and Douglas probably have an agreement in place, but only a few people in each organization know about it and it was decided between them to hold off announcing it, probably until after the Pro Day circuit is done in early April. Both teams don't have organized team activities until later in April, and holding off on announcing the trade doesn't impact either team from a FA standpoint (again, the Jets are already proceeding through FA as if Rodgers is their QB, and the Packers are arguably proceeding as if they already know that extra $9m from Rodgers is gone). 

• Like 1

To all the Jets fans popping in here. After you acquire Rodgers your best two quarterbacks since 1970 will be Packer retreads. Let's face it, Namath was just a JAG from 1970 on. 

Don't despair, we are grooming your next quarterback which you can have in another 16 years or so. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Conspiracy of the Day: The more news I hear about this situation, including the latest that the "Packers and Jets haven't talked" and "talks are stalled" etc., the more I start to believe that this entire thing is d.o.n.e. already and probably has been for a week or two. Why? A few reasons: 

1. Start from the beginning -> there simply is no logical explanation or reason why the Packers would allow the Jets to speak with Rodgers in the first place unless compensation was discussed before that communication. That doesn't have to mean that everything was agreed to at that time, but pretty close, or at the very least, the parties were on the same page of what a trade would look like. It simply makes no sense that Gute would tell Douglas, "yea, go chat with Rodgers and formulate a plan for him to be your QB, and then afterwards, we'll talk about what it's going to cost." There's is no way that happened. 
  2. The Jets' actions over the last few weeks -> every single move the Jets have made thus far in FA indicates that they not only believe Rodgers will be a Jet, but that he basically already is. Starting with the signing of Lazard who the Jets very aggressively targeted from the jump. Lazard is a decent player, but I don't buy for one second that the Jets were sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to sign him without Rodgers' influence on the matter. From there, the Jets traded Moore (which was going to happen no matter what) but then immediately signed Hardman, and seem to be the clear frontrunner to land Beckham. Again, I highly doubt the Jets and Beckham would even be talking if the Jets did not already know that Rodgers was 100% going to be a Jet. 

Yet, despite what has happened, the media is saturating the air waves with stories that talks have stalled and that the Packers are dug in on wanting the Jets' 1st rounder, plus more, while the Jets are resolute in not giving up their 1st, etc. Again, fighting over something as big as a 1st round pick is not a "minor issue" that needs to be worked out. That's not a deal that is 90% done. Fighting over a first rounder is quite literally a threshold issue. That is something that is discussed in the first 5 minutes of the first call between Douglas and Gute -- before the Jets even talk to Rodgers. It's a deal-breaking issue (if you assume both sides are serious). IMO, there is quite literally a 0% chance that the conduct described above would have occurred if the Jets and Packers have not even agreed on something as important as a 1st round pick v. no 1st round pick. 

Moreover, the idea that this deal is actually done or basically done also lines up with Wingo reporting that being the case over a week ago. I trust Wingo over most others when it comes to Rodgers news. So what do I think is possibly happening? Quite literally that Gute and Douglas probably have an agreement in place, but only a few people in each organization know about it and it was decided between them to hold off announcing it, probably until after the Pro Day circuit is done in early April. Both teams don't have organized team activities until later in April, and holding off on announcing the trade doesn't impact either team from a FA standpoint (again, the Jets are already proceeding through FA as if Rodgers is their QB, and the Packers are arguably proceeding as if they already know that extra $9m from Rodgers is gone). 

I'm going to add this......

A trade for Rodgers is a BIG DEAL!  He's an icon in the league.

If we are going down a rabbit hole, let's add this....  Why not make it official on draft day?  Both teams will generate a ton of interest and dominate the talks of the first round.  It won't matter so much which QB went first overall, or what guys went where.

The story will be the Rodgers trade.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If we are going down a rabbit hole, let's add this....  Why not make it official on draft day?  Both teams will generate a ton of interest and dominate the talks of the first round.  It won't matter so much which QB went first overall, or what guys went where.

I'm sure the league would be really happy about that move. LOL 

Hey, if we are getting both 2nd round picks and not a first, they could announce it right before the 24th pick of the 1st round. Which the Packers traded down from 15 to Jacksonville to acquire plus their 2nd round pick.  That could be epic. 

Edited by Old Guy

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The true hold-up is Corey Davis' reworked deal. The packers have "dug their heels in a little" on the guarantees in his second year of a reworked deal. Just waiting on Davis to fold and then the trade can be finalized.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pack4to84 said:

Nonsense. He wants dollars and wins, giving away draft assets opposes both of those goals. 

45 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

The true hold-up is Corey Davis' reworked deal. The packers have "dug their heels in a little" on the guarantees in his second year of a reworked deal. Just waiting on Davis to fold and then the trade can be finalized.

That could be.  The moves the Jets are making suggests the deal is all but done.  We need a Vet WR.  Davis fits what we want.  Not really a deal breaker either way but both teams seem to not be in a hurry.  

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I've been saying much of this for 2 weeks now, but the lowest denominators on both sides prefer to beat each other over the head about trade compensation and burning down their own houses if they don't get what they want. 

It will be a good day when it is finally announced. 

16 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

WHAT??? Those teams don't want a 50 mill cap hit plus a 39 year old QB. 

Colts, They are in rebuild mode and had the worse OL in the league why would they want Rodgers and why would Rodgers want them.

Wash??? REALLY. You think Rodgers would go to the worse owner in the league. This team maybe sold maybe not. Way to many ? marks with this team. The Redskins do not have the horse to make a deep run.

49ers REALLY??? They don't have a first round pick unlis like 2025 or later. Then you add the fact you gave up a boat load for Lance and you have a young Purdy that player great who may be ready by week 1. Then you add the fact they just signed Sam Darnold to be the back up incase Lance or Purdy are not ready.

Just have to face it. The only team that makes sense was the Jets and Raiders. Once the Raiders took Jimmy G that killed it for the Packers. The Jets have options like trade for Stafford or Lamar. Heck there is even talks of Brady and Phil Rivers making a come back. 

In the end it will be close to this.

Jets get Aaron Rodgers

GB gets a 2nd round pick this year and a pick next year that could be as high as a 2nd if the jets win the super bowl but as low as a 5th if Rodgers and the Jets miss the ACFCC and Rodgers gets done after 1 year. JD pulled the Moore trade to fill in the 2nd he will give up. He has been well known to do this. If he gives up a high round pick he finds a way to replace it. 

Okay you win 

Lock it up boys

• Like 1