Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

23 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I think it is “bat-**** crazy fan talk” to say that GB would give him to the NYJ for a conditional 7th. 

there are lines to draw. That does not make someone “unstable”. 

You're attempting to change from what I quoted, but no stable person is claiming the compensation should be a conditional 7th and no stable person is debating such a foolish offer. To claim the Packers should trade him elsewhere for less than what could be gained from the Jets to stick it to the Jets is the ramblings of idiots. 

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Amusing that Jets' fans are convinced that it's better to walk away from Rodgers and sign someone like Matt Ryan or Teddy Bridgewater instead.

There are a few delusional ones in there, that's for sure. 

56 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I think it is “bat-**** crazy fan talk” to say that GB would give him to the NYJ for a conditional 7th. 

there are lines to draw. That does not make someone “unstable”. 

It does not. Unstable is grabbing our tridents and chains and meeting the Jets fans in a Walmart parking lot.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Amusing that Jets' fans are convinced that it's better to walk away from Rodgers and sign someone like Matt Ryan or Teddy Bridgewater instead.

Dude, one said they could call up Phillip Rivers 🤣🤣

There’s some strange stuff going on over there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

This is bat-**** crazy fan talk, because some fans in both fanbases are unstable individuals doesn't mean those in the FO's are. Very little chance any of the real decision makers on this deal are wigging out like you are. 

I think the use of the term literally is far over used.

I literally started my post with, “Playing devil’s advocate here,”

And that has happened multiple times in NFL history and happens all over Earth every day, including at the highest levels on Earth. One party feels the other party at some point stopped negotiating in good faith, or ethically—outright refuse doing business with them. 

I for one already feel mislead by the Jets. (Ask me why)

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I think the use of the term literally is far over used.

I literally started my post with, “Playing devil’s advocate here,”

And that has happened multiple times in NFL history and happens all over Earth every day, including at the highest levels on Earth. One party feels the other party at some point stopped negotiating in good faith, or ethically—outright refuse doing business with them. 

I for one already feel mislead by the Jets. (Ask me why)

Why

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Once they start mentioning Carson Wentz, they've reached maximum desperation.

You can’t tell these dudes nothin. They have an answer for everything. They’re winning the gold for mental gymnastics . 

They would rather go into the season with Zach Wilson as their starter, than to ‘lose’ the trade. It is wild. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Given how bad the Packers draft in the 3rd round...

'24 Conditional Pick

for 

QB Aaron Rodgers

That's worth roughly the 17th/18th pick.  The Jets have picks at 15 and 78 in the first 3 rounds.

Listen, I know the 3rd round thing is a great joke around here. But it’s a cold hand fallacy. We can successfully choose a third round pick. Deguara may still have a shot to hit this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R T said:

You're attempting to change from what I quoted, but no stable person is claiming the compensation should be a conditional 7th and no stable person is debating such a foolish offer. To claim the Packers should trade him elsewhere for less than what could be gained from the Jets to stick it to the Jets is the ramblings of idiots. 

I’m not trying to change anything. I’m just bringing it up because the person that you seemed to be echoing a few pages ago (in your quote “No one in their right mind is claiming the Packers are retaining Rodgers.“) has made other posts suggested that exact thing about the conditional 7th rounder. And that GB basically has no choice but to get Rodgers off the team, even if that was hypothetically the best offer now.