Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Winston isn't even available anymore. They're insane.

Some are saying....trade for Stafford.  LAR would take on like $50M in added dead cap in a trade....so the draft compensation would need to be worth it for them

10 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

I’m not trying to change anything. I’m just bringing it up because the person that you seemed to be echoing a few pages ago (in your quote “No one in their right mind is claiming the Packers are retaining Rodgers.“) has made other posts suggested that exact thing about the conditional 7th rounder. And that GB basically has no choice but to get Rodgers off the team, even if that was hypothetically the best offer now. 

To be fair, my statement was never that GB would only get a conditional 7th from the Jets. I recommend you go back and read it again to see that what I was saying was that "GB taking peanuts in comp" > "GB rostering #12 for the year".

I think GB gets a second round pick this year + a conditional pick next year that goes as high as a 1 (if the jets play in the super bowl or something similar). What I was countering was the notion that GB would simply keep Rodgers (there are still recent posts attempting to pretend that is a credible stance) in the event they didn't get #13 or a package similar to #13.

The point stands that in this scenario, where a conditional 7th rounder represents a better outcome than retaining him (for all the reasons stated over and over on this site), that the value will likely be depressed from what some (51%?) GB posters have stated. If they get #13 outright, I'll be shocked and my post-retirement dream of working in an NFL front office will have been dashed.

Edited by sinceAtikevike

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Some are saying....trade for Stafford.  LAR would take on like $50M in added dead cap in a trade....so the draft compensation would need to be worth it for them

Yeah, I did hear rumors they were entertaining trade offers for him. Also, didn't he have a pretty serious neck issue this past season? 

The reality for Jets fans on their forum is they've never had a good quarterback in any of their lifetimes. They actually don't know what it's like because they've never had it. 

For them, sadly, Matt Ryan or Carson Wentz is actually an upgrade over what they are used to under center. We are spoiled. 

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The reality for Jets fans on their forum is they've never had a good quarterback in any of their lifetimes. They actually don't know what it's like because they've never had it. 

For them, sadly, Matt Ryan or Carson Wentz is actually an upgrade over what they are used to under center. We are spoiled. 

Which is a major indictment of their FOs and the clowns they've had making decisions. They've rarely even been good, so they've not been drafting at the end of rounds, sorting through the leftovers......but yet they cant (or couldnt) get it right.

That's what differentiates us from them. We've not been run by clowns.

Edited by Leader

23 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

To be fair, my statement was never that GB would only get a conditional 7th from the Jets.

24 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

The point stands that in this scenario, where a conditional 7th rounder represents a better outcome than retaining him

🤣🤣🤣

you literally just did a “no….but yes”. 

My statement of “would” still applied to a hypothetical offer, even if you think such an offer wouldn’t happen.

now you are basically saying that they *should* take a 7th, if that is all that’s on the table at the current moment.

• Like 1

Yeah, if the Jets had been pursuing other options the entire offseason then the situation would be different.  But almost all of the other "get a quality QB" avenues closed off.  Carr, Garoppolo, Smith, Jones, and Mayfield all signed already, the next best FA QB was Mike White who they already had.  Carolina trading up from 9 to 1 basically means that "trading up to get a QB" is out of their price range since there are 3-5 quality QBs and 3 of them are likely going in the top 4.   You could have traded for Matt Stafford (the Rams were shopping him even!) but he had a bunch of bonuses due on the 3rd day of the league year, so it's no longer plausible for the Rams to want to trade him.

Hypothetically you could sign Lamar Jackson for two first round picks, but the Ravens have been trying to sign him to an extension for two years so good luck signing him to an offer sheet that the Ravens would not immediately match.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, I did hear rumors they were entertaining trade offers for him. Also, didn't he have a pretty serious neck issue this past season? 

I think he's damaged goods.  He's got a bum arm and a neck injury.  I'm sure the Packers are threatened by the mention of the Jets having interest. 

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

🤣🤣🤣

you literally just did a “no….but yes”. 

My statement of “would” still applied to a hypothetical offer, even if you think such an offer wouldn’t happen.

now you are basically saying that they *should* take a 7th, if that is all that’s on the table at the current moment.

I'm just going to disagree and move on. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion (that I think it is plausible that only a 7th is what is on the table and that if it is that GB should accept it now).

I hope their GM is just like "if you don't budge Gute, I'm just going to tell you off and go sign Nathan Peterman, also I hope your team is really bad now, wahhhhhhhhhhh" just like their fans.

That being said, we're pissy too and the GB fans on reddit about this I was reading last night we're really super annoying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Wentz, Rivers, Winston....it's like wanting to stay in QB purgatory

At this point I would keep Rodgers just so the fans can see Wentz play for the jets.

And when the season is over and Robert and Future hall of famer Joe Douglas get fired… they can tell us all how Rodgers wouldn’t of been better.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

They did for one season… he just clearly wanted to go back to the NFC North 😉

• Like 1