Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

We might not have seen it, but the Adams damage was done, and irreparably so, a year before we were aware of it.

Gute had guessed wrong about Adams, he guessed wrong about Rodgers having two MVP years left in him—leading to a trade up for Love, and then he guessed wrong about Aaron’s inevitable decline, leading to a sucky bloated contract for meh QB play.

And I actually think Gute is a pretty good GM. He made some bad calls. The captain of the Exxon Valdez was employee of the month three times. It’s the bad decisions we’re judged on. 

Fair take.  Gute has been wrong a lot .. probably would have got his walking papers in other locations.  He's done some good things thought too.  I do think the organization has not been able to figure out what they want to do.  There's a lack of direction the past few years ... ever since Love was drafted.  I bet they bring Rodgers back and further waste the Love pick. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Adams should have been signed and accounted for in 2021.  The Packers dropped the ball on getting him inked when they had the chance.  He was a top five player on the Packers and generally you retain those guys .. especially if you are going to roll with a 38-39 year old Qb with trust issues.  The Adams fail basically sunk us in 2022.  

I love Adams but I’d rather have Quay, Watson, and the cap room going forward. Especially considering Adams age. So I’m glad he wasn’t signed long term. 

I don’t care that much if we sunk in 2022 if it means bigger things for the long term future. 

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol no he wouldn't have

You’re right. And I think he will survive whatever we’re going through now as long as Murphy is around. 

I have been negative, but I get that way after saying, “Huh… well I guess Love must be a hidden gem; huh… well I guess we do not need Davante and Gute has a WR plan; huh… we’re fine on special teams; huh…I guess that’s the price you pay for a HOF QB still playing at an MVP level right up to his 49s; huh… I guess we’re good at the DC spot…”

Honestly, bless all of you who believe that an AR trade puts us right back in business. I don’t mind being a fan of a poor team that is getting better. I’m fatigued by being a fan of a team that is not done getting worse. 

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

You’re right. And I think he will survive whatever we’re going through now as long as Murphy is around. 

I have been negative, but I get that way after saying, “Huh… well I guess Love must be a hidden gem; huh… well I guess we do not need Davante and Gute has a WR plan; huh… we’re fine on special teams; huh…I guess that’s the price you pay for a HOF QB still playing at an MVP level right up to his 49s; huh… I guess we’re good at the DC spot…”

Honestly, bless all of you who believe that an AR trade puts us right back in business. I don’t mind being a fan of a poor team that is getting better. I’m fatigued by being a fan of a team that is not done getting worse. 

Trading Rodgers doesn't put us back in business.  Far from it, but it can help jumpstart the future more than Rodgers coming back for a season we haven't seen in 12 years.

They guy isn't 30 years old, he's 39 and playing from year to year.  It's time to trade him.  Don't take this as a backing of Jordan Love, he's a bridge QB until they find something better, but the time to trade Rodgers is now.   

Edited by NFLGURU

I've kind of lost my ****e over this Rodgers stuff.  That MF'er has to go.   I know he is next level troll, but he's basically shatting on the Packers at every stop.   The organization needs to move on from this guy .. they created a monster and he's not good enough any longer to step up and win big games.  Hopefully next week finds #12 on a new team.  

Justin Cohen
@BadBoyOfScoops

Per source at @AthletesFirst I’m told QB Aaron Rodgers has told agent, David Dunn, that he would rather play for the #Raiders than the #Jets.

Jets shoulda sent some fans to Pebble Beach.

Edited by Brat&Beer

The best place for both Aaron Rodgers and the Packers is for him to be a Packer. It doesn't make any sense for Rodgers to try to win a ring anywhere else. New everything is a years setback he can't afford. I don't see a way Vegas could give up enough resources for him and be a contender this year. It's February 5th. Free Agency starts March 15th.

He's become the most likable person in the NFL to anyone paying attention. He's out on a golf course raising money for charity giving sound bites that get giggles all day long right now. None of them make Green Bay look bad at all. 

"I'm not going to San Fran" was already awesome to hear out of him.

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

The best place for both Aaron Rodgers and the Packers is for him to be a Packer. It doesn't make any sense for Rodgers to try to win a ring anywhere else. New everything is a years setback he can't afford. I don't see a way Vegas could give up enough resources for him and be a contender this year. It's February 5th. Free Agency starts March 15th.

He's become the most likable person in the NFL to anyone paying attention. He's out on a golf course raising money for charity giving sound bites that get giggles all day long right now. None of them make Green Bay look bad at all. 

"I'm not going to San Fran" was already awesome to hear out of him.

Likable?  Ha.  He's a pain in the ***. 

• Like 1