Week 14 GDT Jets @ Bills: another key division matchup

Trentwannabe

Glad to get the win obviously. Nice to see us finding ways to win with Josh putting up pedestrian numbers. DL balled out today. Groot has taken his game to the next level this year. Shaq Lawson has resurrected his career. I do think this game changed when Quinnen Williams got hurt. He was wrecking the game. If he played the whole game this could have been a sweep by the Jets. This Jets defense is legit and I’d rather not play them again in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I agree, but the Jets defense is legit. You gotta give them some credit. We were running the ball well the past few weeks and we won’t see another on the Jets level the rest of the regular season.

I was thinking about that. We won’t see another defense of their caliber until maybe the SB if we get there 

On 12/11/2022 at 5:01 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Baltimore in the Divisional round isnt out of realm of possibility and Dolphins defense is quality 

Ravens and Dolphins are good NFL defenses but the Jets are the 2nd best in the league and I don't think there's a particularly close third (us probably), they're super legit. Even on one leg effectively for most of the game Williams was just mauling Saffold. 

That said we absolutely need to upgrade the interior OL and RB in the off-season and in the short term, figure out more ways to fake a "run" game that's not just making Josh do it.

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Ravens and Dolphins are good NFL defenses but the Jets are the 2nd best in the league and I don't think there's a particularly close third (us probably), they're super legit. Even on one leg effectively for most of the game Williams was just mauling Saffold. 

That said we absolutely need to upgrade the interior OL and RB in the off-season and in the short term, figure out more ways to fake a "run" game that's not just making Josh do it.

The entire offense outside of Allen and Diggs and to a lesser extent Knox and Dawkins needs to be upgraded or at least playing at a much higher consistency.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

The entire offense outside of Allen and Diggs and to a lesser extent Knox and Dawkins needs to be upgraded or at least playing at a much higher consistency.

For all the talk about "THE WEAPONS THE WEAPONS" it sure is obvious now that Josh made all those vaunted "weapons". 

Davis has to be better, he just has too, or we're going to need to make a move for a more consistent second guy. The offense needs a pretty significant retool ala what the Chiefs did after losing Hill. Not necessarily adding a world beater, but adding commensurate talent that works effectively with what Josh wants to do and can operate on a level of consistency. Because that's really what's killed us this year, Josh had his bad couple games but the last few have been the offense absolutely failing him when he needed consistent play to be made (even Diggs had a few bad drops last week).

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

For all the talk about "THE WEAPONS THE WEAPONS" it sure is obvious now that Josh made all those vaunted "weapons". 

Davis has to be better, he just has too, or we're going to need to make a move for a more consistent second guy. The offense needs a pretty significant retool ala what the Chiefs did after losing Hill. Not necessarily adding a world beater, but adding commensurate talent that works effectively with what Josh wants to do and can operate on a level of consistency. Because that's really what's killed us this year, Josh had his bad couple games but the last few have been the offense absolutely failing him when he needed consistent play to be made (even Diggs had a few bad drops last week).

I’ll be pounding the table for a WR in round 1 or 2.

Probably every year that we have Josh. 

20 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I have been saying for most of the season that most of our skill players are overrated imo.

14 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We also need to add RB's that... work better with what we want to do. It's clear that Motor just doesn't run with what we're trying to do with the run game offensively. 

What are we trying to do with the run game? I have been pondering this for 2 years. What kind of RB would fit? I feel like Cook could be a great fit but never a bell cow. Not sure this offense will ever deviate from a RB committee approach.

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We also need to add RB's that... work better with what we want to do. It's clear that Motor just doesn't run with what we're trying to do with the run game offensively. 

I think the IOL is more of an issue than RB. Also coaching. Dorsey has struggled to maintain a consistent approach.

I won’t be against adding a RB but I think it could be a waste until the other issues are fixed. IMO Cook can be a top 12-15 back and between him and Hines they should be seeing 10-12 targets a game.