About Ryan Cowden

KingTitan

Everyone talks about Vrabel’s reaction in the draft night video after the AJ trade 

but what the camera doesn’t show is Cowden with his shirt sleeves rolled up, tie loosened and top button undone. Bloodshot eyes and holding his ninth cup of coffee, literally standing on the table screaming “Don’t do it, Jon! Don’t do it! By the way I just want to remind everyone that I was against drafting Wilson, Radunz and Farley.”

Cowden is a effing genius 

• Like 1

Given that he was effectively the number 2 to Robinson, I don't know whether to root for him or not.  The AJ trade is one thing, but if he was on the same page as Robinson about Farley and Radunz, then it's hard to feel good about him being the likely successor if they go in-house.  I'm kind of hoping for one of the outside the team hires.  If you're trying to go in a different direction, then promoting from within feels kind of pointless.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:06 AM, deeluxx3 said:

Everyone talks about Vrabel’s reaction in the draft night video after the AJ trade 

but what the camera doesn’t show is Cowden with his shirt sleeves rolled up, tie loosened and top button undone. Bloodshot eyes and holding his ninth cup of coffee, literally standing on the table screaming “Don’t do it, Jon! Don’t do it! By the way I just want to remind everyone that I was against drafting Wilson, Radunz and Farley.”

Cowden is a effing genius 

VP of player personnel?  Overseas scouting department?  FA prep? So how is this guy an fing genius.  His fingerprints are all over those misses as well as the hits.  Maybe he recommended Dennis Daley for all we know.  Dupree signing? He is where Jrob got his info.  Probably told JRob Farely, Radunz and Wilson were can't miss players for all we know.  

5 hours ago, Soxcat said:

VP of player personnel?  Overseas scouting department?  FA prep? So how is this guy an fing genius.  His fingerprints are all over those misses as well as the hits.  Maybe he recommended Dennis Daley for all we know.  Dupree signing? He is where Jrob got his info.  Probably told JRob Farely, Radunz and Wilson were can't miss players for all we know.  

My sources all say that Cowden was STRONGLY against the Daley trade, Dupree signing and the Farley/Wilson/Radunz draft picks. But JRob didn’t listen to him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 7:23 AM, deeluxx3 said:

My sources all say that Cowden was STRONGLY against the Daley trade, Dupree signing and the Farley/Wilson/Radunz draft picks. But JRob didn’t listen to him.

If that is true he is worth looking at.  So basically Robinson didn't listen to those around him and it cost this franchise big time.  

• Like 1