Hurts vs Lamar: $$$$,$$$,$$$

Jeezla

Which QB will get paid more on their next deal?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. The QB with the biggest bag will be:

I feel like negotiating a deal for Hurts is a lot more straight forward than negotiating with Lamar. Hurts has improved steadily in the league, and they will likely try to extend him before year 3, whereas the Ravens waited and then Lamar had a down season after his MVP year (well, 2 down seasons) which complicates things. We're yet to see if Hurts plateaus or regresses, or just continues to improve.

If I'm the Eagles, I'm not waiting around to find out like the Ravens did.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, drew39k said:

Lamar is a FA after this year, right? Hurts isn't until next year, right? Hurts will use Lamar's contract as a floor in negotiations. The reverse would be true if the fa years were flipped

Because of this, Hurts will get more.

That's assuming that the Ravens don't just tag Lamar for next year, which is kind of where it feels like that is headed. 

• Like 2

Lamar's situation is murkier now that he's injured. If Huntley continues to do well, does that lower Lamar's value to the Ravens? I can see them extending him a mediocre offer (so not Watson money), not tagging him when he declines, and Lamar going to the highest bidder.

I think the Raven would be foolish to let Lamar walk, but I totally see them not giving him 40M a year, and him going elsewhere to get it.

• 2 weeks later...