Titans Search for New GM (Candidates) List on Page 1

KingTitan

55 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I feel like, after Boyd, we will have interviewed all the candidates we’ve heard about so far (if I’m not mistaken). Hoping we have our guy by Friday!

I imagine there will at least be a second round of interviews with the favorites from the first group, but could decide by Friday. 

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

To be honest, I’d be disappointed if this all leads back to Cowden being the hire.

yeah. realistically we know basically nothing about these candidates, and cowden could end up being a great GM. but the way we never go outside the building for anything in recent years has really rubbed me the wrong way, and fair or not this would just feel like a continuation of that. which of course makes it feel inevitable lol

I think the more confusing aspect of hiring Cowden would be that he was JRob's right hand man. I'm sure they differ in some ways but you don't bring on a guy at that high of a position that heavily disagrees with you/your way of running the team. The thing that got JRob fired was I assume largely his drafting, and that's what Cowden's background is in so I assume his scouting lines up heavily with Robinson's.

I just want a fresh view of how we evaluate talent.  Bring in a different kind of athlete. We get football guys, but we need a different type of player that is also a football guy.

I don't want Cowden just because it feels like more of the same.  And like others have said, he could end up being a great GM. Maybe keep him on, if he is under contract, then he has to stay, if we want him. 

Cunningham
Carthon
Cowden

That order for me.