Should the Texans replace Caserio this offseason?

PAtexansFAN_99

Well... should they?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. YES OR NO!

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m pretty sure that if cooks is traded we don’t get much cap relief and if he’s cut, we actually lose money. 

Tunsil can be cut for a 20 million savings but also leaves us with a huge hole

I'm in the camp of keeping Tunsil and giving Bryce his elite LT. They need and upgrade at Center. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m pretty sure that if cooks is traded we don’t get much cap relief and if he’s cut, we actually lose money. 

Tunsil can be cut for a 20 million savings but also leaves us with a huge hole

Per OverTheCap, Cooks is about a $10mm savings if traded pre-June 1st and an $18.5mm savings is traded post-June 1st. This is all assuming there is no restructuring of his deal to make him more tradable - which is something he'd have to consider of he really wants out.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Per OverTheCap, Cooks is about a $10mm savings if traded pre-June 1st and an $18.5mm savings is traded post-June 1st. This is all assuming there is no restructuring of his deal to make him more tradable - which is something he'd have to consider of he really wants out.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans

That’s good to know

i wonder if anyone will trade for cooks and have to pay him that much money though 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That’s good to know

i wonder if anyone will trade for cooks and have to pay him that much money though 

I'd surmise we're not getting much in return - this is going to be like how Dallas traded Amari Cooper for a 6th Rd pick, just to get that gargantuan contract off the books.

If Cooks wants a say in his destination, he needs to massively restructure his current deal. Until then, it's going to be to whoever eats that contract.