Week 14 Bye Week/Week 15 Thread: Rest up until the rematch against the Giants. NO TIES THIS TIME. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

MikeT14

I think you have to play Chase Young VS the 49ers & beyond, right?

Or do you just sit him for the rest of the year & get him ready for next season.

Be nice to have our guy out there making plays, like Giants (Tibideau-spell) did last night.

I really don't understand what's going on.

Is he just mentally not ready for full contact?

Is he physically not comfortable to be playing yet?

Or is Rivera just being extra cautious because of the severity of the injury.

I've heard that Chase Young is the one, not wanting to play just yet. Is this true?

Anyone with answers....

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think you have to play Chase Young VS the 49ers & beyond, right?

Or do you just sit him for the rest of the year & get him ready for next season.

Be nice to have our guy out there making plays, like Giants (Tibideau-spell) did last night.

I really don't understand what's going on.

Is he just mentally not ready for full contact?

Is he physically not comfortable to be playing yet?

Or is Rivera just being extra cautious because of the severity of the injury.

I've heard that Chase Young is the one, not wanting to play just yet. Is this true?

Anyone with answers....

No one knows, it’s anyone’s guess. I think he should be shut down for the season.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

No one knows, it’s anyone’s guess. I think he should be shut down for the season.

The team has openly declared he is healthy. 

It's very clear that his passion is in question and he doesn't mind collecting a paycheck and not doing the dirty work. Hopefully he matures at some point so he can achieve his potential.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

These are the Heinicke throws that bother the hell out of me. Two or three like this last night.

I mean, lets be real here. We're a QB and a couple OL short of being a very good football team. Like really good. They have to solve this issues or its just never going to get better. I'm a Heinicke fan and he's a tough SOB but he's a back up. We have to find a starter whether that's done by a major trade up, playing Howell and seeing what he is or trading for Carr. Something has to be done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The team has openly declared he is healthy. 

It's very clear that his passion is in question and he doesn't mind collecting a paycheck and not doing the dirty work. Hopefully he matures at some point so he can achieve his potential.

I don't think that's a fair evaluation at all. What indicates that? The fact that he's not in right now? That's also on coaching staff. You rush him back, he gets hurt again, it helps nobody.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly back to back awful calls on 3rd & 4th and goal proved that. That being said, I still can’t believe Heinicke didn’t run that ball in for a TD.

If you go back and watch the play he tries to cut it up and his feet get tangled. He wasn't going for the pylon, he just tripped. Honestly if he just throws the ball on a rope to Samuel running by himself down the sideline none of this matters. 

Damn this team really makes it hard to root for them man. They always seem to underperform in big time games in December. They should’ve won the two Giants games, but poor OL play, missed throws by Heinicke, phantom penalties called on us & no fairness of calling it both ways has done us in.

We have to hope that we can beat the Browns & the Cowboys rest starters week 18. Of that happens, we should still beat the 7 seed & then we’ll get the Vikings in the wildcard game & they’re beatable.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

If you go back and watch the play he tries to cut it up and his feet get tangled. He wasn't going for the pylon, he just tripped. Honestly if he just throws the ball on a rope to Samuel running by himself down the sideline none of this matters. 

He still should’ve scored. To me he didn’t really go for it. In real time I was yelling at the TV bc he wasn’t even running full speed, he was jogging.

As for Samuel throw yeah, could’ve been better too but not everything’s going to be perfect, it’s just play calling & Heinicke not running full speed to get into the end zone for me. It was really inexplicable.

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, lets be real here. We're a QB and a couple OL short of being a very good football team. Like really good. They have to solve this issues or its just never going to get better. I'm a Heinicke fan and he's a tough SOB but he's a back up. We have to find a starter whether that's done by a major trade up, playing Howell and seeing what he is or trading for Carr. Something has to be done. 

I’m out on trading for another vet QB. We can’t keep trading multiple picks for average QBs every year, looking for the quick fix at QB, and thinking it’s going to solve the problem.

Care hasn’t even been that great this year in LV despite throwing to DeVante Adams.

I think we should sign a vet to compete w/ Heinicke & Howell or draft a QB to compete with him and Howell. No more trading draft picks for average vet QBs.

Edited by turtle28

That deep pass from Heinicke to Dotson - Great catch obviously but that thing was 57 yards in the air-Probably shows T H has at least NFL average arm strength on the deep passes..

He's getting MINIMUM protection from the O-line and still playing prettty well. Really? How often does he have a "clean" pocket. I'm still on the fence with the rest of you crows on his ceiling/ potential ,,,,but I'm thinking we could do worse.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m out on trading for another vet QB. We can’t keep trading multiple picks for average QBs every year, looking for the quick fix at QB, and thinking it’s going to solve the problem.

Care hasn’t even been that great this year in LV despite throwing to DeVante Adams.

I think we should sign a vet to compete w/ Heinicke & Howell or draft a QB to compete with him and Howell. No more trading draft picks for average vet QBs.

There's been talk of Stroud potentially falling a bit. If he does they have to make the move up to get him. I don't care if it means giving up multiple first round picks. Something has to be done to solve this problem. It can't keep going on.