Week 14 Bye Week/Week 15 Thread: Rest up until the rematch against the Giants. NO TIES THIS TIME. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

MikeT14

20 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I don't think that's a fair evaluation at all. What indicates that? The fact that he's not in right now? That's also on coaching staff. You rush him back, he gets hurt again, it helps nobody.

If a player is deemed healthy enough to play and they still don't that's on the player. 

Ron Rivera said he wouldn't have brought Chase off IR if they didn't think he was healthy enough. He has been off IR for over a month. He has selfishly been taking a roster spot while refuses to play. 

He wants to be a leader but he is refuses to get on the field. I said it before the game, you can't keep leaders off the field. Chase has no problem sitting on the sideline. The passion is definitely in question (for me). 

Does anyone feel that he isn't healed from his injury? Is there any question that this is 100% mental at this point? 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Malpractice 

I complained all game about it. Scott Turner is the issue no one wants to talk about in the local media. I think his play design is great but his play calling and situational awareness is awful. Brian Robinson averaged nearly 8 YPC last night. EIGHT. He's the best back we've had since Clinton Portis. He has the look of an elite RB. Unless he starts piling up injuries he's going to be one of the leagues best backs in the coming years. His vision and power is incredible. The stark difference in RB talent between he and Gibson is insane. Gibson should be a receiver. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There's been talk of Stroud potentially falling a bit. If he does they have to make the move up to get him. I don't care if it means giving up multiple first round picks. Something has to be done to solve this problem. It can't keep going on. 

I definitely agree with that.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I complained all game about it. Scott Turner is the issue no one wants to talk about in the local media. I think his play design is great but his play calling and situational awareness is awful. Brian Robinson averaged nearly 8 YPC last night. EIGHT. He's the best back we've had since Clinton Portis. He has the look of an elite RB. Unless he starts piling up injuries he's going to be one of the leagues best backs in the coming years. His vision and power is incredible. The stark difference in RB talent between he and Gibson is insane. Gibson should be a receiver. 

Well I agree he’s a good back, but he’s got no break away speed therefore he’s no Clinton Portis or on that level of back. Much like with Carson & Taylor, I wish we could combine the best attributes of BRob & Gibson. We’ve seen Gibson in the past get creases in plays & take it to the house helping us win games, we’ve yet to see BRon do that.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Well I agree he’s a good back, but he’s got no break away speed therefore he’s no Clinton Portis or on that level of back. Much like with Carson & Taylor, I wish we could combine the best attributes of BRob & Gibson. We’ve seen Gibson in the past get creases in plays & take it to the house helping us win games, we’ve yet to see BRon do that.

He has power and vision and just enough speed to get away. I really don't think he's slow and his ability to find the cut back lane is just incredible. I just think the need for breakaway speed isn't that big of a deal. I think as his knee heals more and more he'll get better and better. 

We still control our own destiny. We just need to earn it.

If we beat the Niners, which I believe we can. ( Because Purdy is not Daniel Jones...lol....and the Niners are not the Giants)

And Seattle loses to Kansas City ( very possible)

And Detroit loses to Carolina ( very possible with Carolina fighting for the South)

We only will need to beat Cleveland, or Dallas...

Regardless of what Detroit & Seattle do for the remainder of the 2 games.

To make the playoffs.

Now....that's also assuming the NFL isn't rigged. Lol

Edited by aceinthehouse

Just a couple quick notes.

I was in the opposite endzone, so I couldn’t see what happened with Terry and the illegal formation or whether Samuel got interfered with. Upon review this morning, we absolutely got hosed. Absolutely awful calls. The idea that what Dotson did qualifies as PI but what Holmes did doesn’t is so laughable that the crew should have consequences for allowing it to happen. And that official who ignored Terry’s check but was immediately ready to pull the flag should genuinely be fined or suspended. Just terrible officiating there. We can’t call DPI at the end of the game — “let the players decide it on the field” — but we can take a potential game-tying TD off the board because an outside WR totally uninvolved in the inside run was a yard off the line? Clowns. 

That said, the things we already knew about the team remain true. Heinicke doesn’t have the arm talent to be the guy, and good god did he kill us with the fumbles last night. The OL is not good, and it needs a major investment in the offseason. The corners play way too far off, and it’s absolutely criminal that they were just giving that much cushion to the bum receivers NYG had out there. Jon Bostic just shouldn’t be playing in the NFL. We knew all these things already, though. 

The one thing I have to highlight is that I feel Rivera cost us that game from jump with the painfully conservative strategy. Punting twice from inside the 40 (and once from the 34??) is a fireable offense for me. Absolutely pathetic. You set the tone from the first drive that we’re not going for the throat — we’re just trying to outlast them. And then when he finally decides to be a little “aggressive,” it’s the equally terrible decision to chase the points with 24 minutes left. His guys are tough and they play hard for him, but his strategic decisions are just so painfully outdated and inconsistent.

The difference in the two teams at QB and HC outweighed the difference in the rosters, as far as I’m concerned. That was an extremely even game, but Heinicke fumbling physically and Rivera fumbling mentally were the things that sank us.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

If a player is deemed healthy enough to play and they still don't that's on the player. 

Ron Rivera said he wouldn't have brought Chase off IR if they didn't think he was healthy enough. He has been off IR for over a month. He has selfishly been taking a roster spot while refuses to play. 

He wants to be a leader but he is refuses to get on the field. I said it before the game, you can't keep leaders off the field. Chase has no problem sitting on the sideline. The passion is definitely in question (for me). 

Does anyone feel that he isn't healed from his injury? Is there any question that this is 100% mental at this point? 

If you don't feel like you can do everything your body commands of it, or if you don't feel as if at this point you'd be helping the team, there is no point in getting on the field. It's not just Chase taking himself out and not playing these games, this isn't a unilateral decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I was in the opposite endzone, so I couldn’t see what happened with Terry and the illegal formation or whether Samuel got interfered with. Upon review this morning, we absolutely got hosed. Absolutely awful calls. The idea that what Dotson did qualifies as PI but what Holmes did doesn’t is so laughable that the crew should have consequences for allowing it to happen. And that official who ignored Terry’s check but was immediately ready to pull the flag should genuinely be fined or suspended. Just terrible officiating there. We can’t call DPI at the end of the game — “let the players decide it on the field” — but we can take a potential game-tying TD off the board because an outside WR totally uninvolved in the inside run was a yard off the line? Clowns. 

That said, the things we already knew about the team remain true. Heinicke doesn’t have the arm talent to be the guy, and good god did he kill us with the fumbles last night. The OL is not good, and it needs a major investment in the offseason. The corners play way too far off, and it’s absolutely criminal that they were just giving that much cushion to the bum receivers NYG had out there. Jon Bostic just shouldn’t be playing in the NFL. We knew all these things already, though. 

The one thing I have to highlight is that I feel Rivera cost us that game from jump with the painfully conservative strategy. Punting twice from inside the 40 (and once from the 34??) is a fireable offense for me. Absolutely pathetic. You set the tone from the first drive that we’re not going for the throat — we’re just trying to outlast them. And then when he finally decides to be a little “aggressive,” it’s the equally terrible decision to chase the points with 24 minutes left. His guys are tough and they play hard for him, but his strategic decisions are just so painfully outdated and inconsistent.

The difference in the two teams at QB and HC outweighed the difference in the rosters, as far as I’m concerned. That was an extremely even game, but Heinicke fumbling physically and Rivera fumbling mentally were the things that sank us.

Well said.

I agree with you 100%

You don't punt inside your opponents 40-35 yard line with major playoff implications on the line.

I've been on the fence about whether the new owner should keep Rivera, or not.

His decisions last night, pushed me pretty far to the "or not" area.

I can swing back the other way, but he better show up vs San Fran.

We still control our own destiny as the 7 seed.

A collapse this late in the year, would make my decision pretty easy.

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He has power and vision and just enough speed to get away. I really don't think he's slow and his ability to find the cut back lane is just incredible. I just think the need for breakaway speed isn't that big of a deal. I think as his knee heals more and more he'll get better and better. 

I’d love to see it, we haven’t so far. Really didn’t see him so that in college either. I wish we could combine him & Gibson. We can’t though, therefore I wish we could get each of them a few more touches. The lack of touches for both of them in the 2nd half was disheartening but, I do like that our receivers were involved a lot in the 2nd half & they delivered when called upon. Just wish there was more balance.

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Rivera has to go. I'm actually starting to not have much of an issue with Mayhew as his drafts are starting to pan out. I was completely wrong there. Maybe let Mayhew pick the next coach? I still think they need to just bite the bullet and trade up for a QB. Its going to cost an arm and a leg but the further we push this out the older and more expensive this defense will get. 

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Brian Robinson is also less than 4 months removed from being shot. He is still having pain from that wound. Maybe, just maybe, they dont want to grind him into the ground.

The issue here is the terrible offensive line play and Heincke being a poor QB. Its impossible to judge the coaching staff when you have the worst Oline/QB combo in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Rivera has to go. I'm actually starting to not have much of an issue with Mayhew as his drafts are starting to pan out. I was completely wrong there. Maybe let Mayhew pick the next coach? I still think they need to just bite the bullet and trade up for a QB. Its going to cost an arm and a leg but the further we push this out the older and more expensive this defense will get. 

You know you're not getting a better coach than Rivera, right? Mayhew is Snyder's yes man. As long as Snyder owns the team, no one worth a damn is going to want to work in DC. And new ownership is going to bring in their own GM and coaches.

We are lucky to have Rivera now. Dude is getting hung out to dry by ownership and the front office. He's answered every question. He practically managed the name change on his own. His entire ownership group is a pariah in the NFL and the dude is out there still being a leader.

New ownership can hire whomever they want. Until then, the team needs Rivera.