Week 14 Bye Week/Week 15 Thread: Rest up until the rematch against the Giants. NO TIES THIS TIME. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I really don't think it has anything to do with his desire to play. I think he badly wants to be back out there but he might not trust his knee yet. I agree he should be back out there but I really dislike the character questioning and desire to play stuff. He's always been a high character kid. 

If he doesn't trust the knee, put him on IR and let him recover more. They have all repeated talked about staying "within the process". When he was activated off of IR, he was supposed to play. The staff can't force him to play, that's on him. If he really wanted to play, he would have been out there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed, I just can’t anymore. This crap that people are pulling is uncalled for and it really doesn’t even make sense. I need to take a break from this place or else I’ll end up getting banned when I tell these Chase haters what I really think about them.

You can act all high and mighty all you want. Call me a Chase hater (which is in fact the opposite of what I am) too. I'm not pulling stuff out of thin air. There is plenty of smoke to Chase not mentally being able to go. That is an issue. 

I believe in Chase Young. I think he is immensely talented. I think he struggles to play within the system a little and freelances too often, but that can be fixed. I think he is easily our best pass rusher. I think he is easily our best run stopping defensive end. He is a very vocal leader and his teammates believe in him. For whatever reason, right now Chase isn't believing in Chase. He has to get his feet wet again and I believe he will return to form.

• Like 1

Here it was, the let down we've been waiting for. This was a pathetic showing coming out of a bye. Been prepping 3 weeks for the same team and to come out with that game plan. I haven't been this sick from a game in a long time. From the play itself to the reffing. Just sickening, everything about it. Scott Turner can't be gone fast enough, I mean running the ball on 3rd and 3 with Curtis Samuel instead of BRob in between the tackles is a fireable offense in itself, and I can give more and more examples of why he needs to be gone. Ron has to go. JDR needs to go. Dan needs to sell so we can clean house, and countless other reasons, but this is one of them on my mind right now. Heinicke not taking care of the ball, finally did some running we've been waiting for, had a chance at his signature pylon dive and trips, everything that could've went wrong did. We're wasting the Terry's prime years and it hurts me a lot. 

I mean you just can't think of a more perfect ending to a game and season (basically) for this franchise. I am just so sick and tired of being sick and tired with this pathetic franchise. 

• Like 2

Simple put this team don't have it. Yes I think the refs blew some calls but really we always shooting ourselves in the foot. Early on we had penalties, a TO for 7 points, penalty on a Robs TD, Granted it was a bad call ( illegal formation) we just always seem to have bad luck. We always come up short no matter how many chance we get.  It is just in this team DNA and exemplifies many reasons why this team can't get over the hump. For example TH lost fumbles. Penalties killing drives. This is the kind of crap I am talking about. 

We have no pass rush and Our D still just gave up only 13 points and we still loose.  The O line is horrible in pass protection. D let collapsed and let the Barkley run the ball down the field on the Giants last drive. 

Love Dotson and if the 49ers are starting Purdy we should entertain the thought of giving Howell a chance.

54 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It should be noted that the training staff that is currently employed is not the same staff from many years ago.

The concept that the former #2 overall pick isn't essential to this team is frightening. 

I want him on the field producing when healthy. It sounds like he is healthy and still not out there. That is a problem to me. 

Its not a playoff team. I've never thought of it as one.

The goal is to get Young playing time by the end of the season and be prepared for next season.

With the way this Jekyll & Hyde team team has played over the years? I've grown pretty ice cold by how the team has lost, or come out flat in big games. (You become numb to it, when you've been a fan for as long as I've been)

But this loss bothers me more than normal.

I know we turned the ball over & Giants really didn't make any mistakes.

But I guess I'm upset because I feel this team is not just a little better than the Giants, but a lot.

The way we ran vs them, we should have dropped 30 pts on them. I feel like our coaches prevented ourselves from domination.

I mean, Rivera went for 2 with 9 minutes left  in the 3rd QTR.

Passed on not 1, but 2 FG's inside the 40.

Only gave Robinson 12 carries.

Not to mention one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in a loss for Washington.

And let me tell ya, I remember others.

Like for example the Bucs loss years ago where Mike Alstott scored at the Goalline, but it was obvious he never crossed the Goalline.

I'm not kidding.

I think this game cracks my top 3 worst officiated games...EVER. ( for a Washington loss I should mention)

That's how upset I am. I'm not kidding.

I also think we get the 2-pt conversion after the Robinson TD ( negated by the McLaurin screw job)

And tie that game.

Possibly either winning in OT, or another tie like 2 weeks ago.

We were royally screwed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

With the way this Jekyll & Hyde team team has played over the years? I've grown pretty ice cold by how the team has lost, or come out flat in big games. (You become numb to it, when you've been a fan for as long as I've been)

But this loss bothers me more than normal.

I know we turned the ball over & Giants really didn't make any mistakes.

But I guess I'm upset because I feel this team is not just a little better than the Giants, but a lot.

The way we ran vs them, we should have dropped 30 pts on them. I feel like our coaches prevented ourselves from domination.

I mean, Rivera went for 2 with 9 minutes left  in the 3rd QTR.

Passed on not 1, but 2 FG's inside the 40.

Only gave Robinson 12 carries.

Not to mention one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in a loss for Washington.

And let me tell ya, I remember others.

Like for example the Bucs loss years ago where Mike Alstott scored at the Goalline, but it was obvious he never crossed the Goalline.

I'm not kidding.

I think this game cracks my top 3 worst officiated games...EVER. ( for a Washington loss I should mention)

That's how upset I am. I'm not kidding.

I also think we get the 2-pt conversion after the Robinson TD ( negated by the McLaurin screw job)

And tie that game.

Possibly either winning in OT, or another tie like 2 weeks ago.

We were royally screwed.

Think the thing that upset me the most last night was running Curtis Samuel on 3rd and 3 
Why wouldn't you run Gibson or Robinson in that spot and if thats the call on 3rd why isn't the plan to go for it on 4th and 1.

If we had a QB I think we'd have a great shot at winning the NFC but we haven't found one and don't look like ones in our future at the moment either.

44 of Saquon's 87 rush yards came on their last drive when the defense had to have a stop. 3 straight went for first downs.

Washington Fumbled 4 times yesterday: 2 for Heinicke and 1 each for B-Rob and Gibson.

Washingtons defense managed to sack Daniel Jones ZERO times. He entered the game as the 3rd most sacked QB in the NFL.

Washington was 1/10 on 3rd down. Their lone conversion an improvised run by Taylor Heinicke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

44 of Saquon's 87 rush yards came on their last drive when the defense had to have a stop. 3 straight went for first downs.

Washington Fumbled 4 times yesterday: 2 for Heinicke and 1 each for B-Rob and Gibson.

Washingtons defense managed to sack Daniel Jones ZERO times. He entered the game as the 3rd most sacked QB in the NFL.

Washington was 1/10 on 3rd down. Their lone conversion an improvised run by Taylor Heinicke.

Good points. As I mentioned early we have no pass rush.

" Washington defense managed to sack Daniel Jones ZERO times. He entered the game as the 3rd most sacked QB in the NFL"  WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH.

"Washington was 1/10 on 3rd down. There it is. A vital sat. 

Good points @Slappy Mc and I would add TO's (TH) he costed us at least 7 points. The lack of Offense scoring and just many dam penalties and as I said earlier the pass protection is atrocious. 

Edited by 4209

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Robinsons fumble was out of bounds on the sideline with zero chance of any kind of recovery. He almost never fumbles. 

I just don’t understand how you have a RB averaging nearly 8 YPC and you only give him the ball 12 times in a cold weather game? What am I missing here? 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Robinsons fumble was out of bounds on the sideline with zero chance of any kind of recovery. He almost never fumbles. 

I just don’t understand how you have a RB averaging nearly 8 YPC and you only give him the ball 12 times in a cold weather game? What am I missing here? 

UZBT62HRLUI6XANSTNYGDJMC3A.jpg&w=916