Week 14 Bye Week/Week 15 Thread: Rest up until the rematch against the Giants. NO TIES THIS TIME. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

MikeT14

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

44 of Saquon's 87 rush yards came on their last drive when the defense had to have a stop. 3 straight went for first downs.

Washington Fumbled 4 times yesterday: 2 for Heinicke and 1 each for B-Rob and Gibson.

Washingtons defense managed to sack Daniel Jones ZERO times. He entered the game as the 3rd most sacked QB in the NFL.

Washington was 1/10 on 3rd down. Their lone conversion an improvised run by Taylor Heinicke.

We didn't sack them because the Giants ran exclusively through the shotgun the entire game which gave Jones space away from our DTs. Yes we were 1/10 on 3rd downs, but they were 2/10. We held them to only 288 total yards of offense and put up 387 yards ourselves. 7 points were given up by the offense, so the defense only allowed 13 total points. The defense played fantastic.  We lost this game for 3 reasons: turnovers, inability to score in the redzone, terrible refs. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We didn't sack them because the Giants ran exclusively through the shotgun the entire game which gave Jones space away from our DTs. Yes we were 1/10 on 3rd downs, but they were 2/10. We held them to only 288 total yards of offense and put up 387 yards ourselves. 7 points were given up by the offense, so the defense only allowed 13 total points. The defense played fantastic.  We lost this game for 3 reasons: turnovers, inability to score in the redzone, terrible refs. 

Well said. Were there a couple of drives where the defense didn't play good? Yes. But that's every defense. Overall they played great and you hit the nail on the head for the real reasons we lost. I would say the latter being the the most frustrating.

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I do agree on all the points, especially pertaining the defense. Besides their TD drive and their last drive where Saquon tore them up they had held them in check. Daniel Jones wasn't running very often either. I attribute the defense not being scared to hit Daniel Jones this game to that. If we score on any of those failed redzone possessions, we are having a much different conversation right now.

*edit*
I also want to give an honorable mention to Scott Turner's play calling for why we lost the game. He got too cute at times and refused simple logic on others. His bad play calling cost us at least three drives yesterday.

Edited by Slappy Mc

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think our defense played decent, I wouldn't say fantastic. If you give up an 18 play, 97 yard drive, where they got a 4th and 9 conversion, you automatically get fantastic status taken away. They also didn't force any turnovers which hurt a lot because we don't have a quarterback that can put up points, so the offense needs to be put in as good of positions as possible. 

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I agree he’s a good back, but he’s got no break away speed therefore he’s no Clinton Portis or on that level of back. Much like with Carson & Taylor, I wish we could combine the best attributes of BRob & Gibson. We’ve seen Gibson in the past get creases in plays & take it to the house helping us win games, we’ve yet to see BRon do that.

I agree I think his ceiling is someone like Steven Jackson. You have to wonder if the way the NFL is going if anyone is going to be a true bellcow 25+ carry guy. I like the 1/2 combo we have and wouldn't mind them bringing Gibson back if it is an affordable deal.

Can't get this loss outta my head ! The referees, the fumbles, the poor play calling, Heinicke being Heinicke,  the lack of male equipment by Riveria. This game was so winnable. 

Niners - IDC if we win or lose really. I think the season ended Sunday night.

32 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Can't get this loss outta my head ! The referees, the fumbles, the poor play calling, Heinicke being Heinicke,  the lack of male equipment by Riveria. This game was so winnable. 

Niners - IDC if we win or lose really. I think the season ended Sunday night.

If it wasn't for the refs I would agree with your last statement. But if the refs do not suck, we maybe win that game. So I will let this week dictate the season. We are playing a formidable super bowl contender, and if we are able to beat them, making the playoffs would actually be worth it. If not, well then it's probably best that we lose out and help our draft pick. 

On 12/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Scott Land said:

I think our defense played decent, I wouldn't say fantastic. If you give up an 18 play, 97 yard drive, where they got a 4th and 9 conversion, you automatically get fantastic status taken away. They also didn't force any turnovers which hurt a lot because we don't have a quarterback that can put up points, so the offense needs to be put in as good of positions as possible. 

I think Taylor can put up points.... I actually think the play calling is what is limiting us tremendously.

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

I think Taylor can put up points.... I actually think the play calling is what is limiting us tremendously.

What game in the last 2 years has indicated that he can put up points? I really want to like the guy because he's a guys guy but some people on here are just so unrealistic about him. The QB position has held us back for years, he's not a good NFL quarterback. He's got miles and miles of heart and the team loves him but get realistic about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I guess it's just my opinion, largely derived from watching him on 4th Q / end of game drives. When he has to turn it loose - he's been successful.

Makes it puzzling-why he can't seem to put together a full game of good play .

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 7:38 PM, MKnight82 said:

Great points. That strip sack fumble recovery for a TD that Leno game up to Thibodeaux was really the difference in the game & then Heinicke fumbling at the 10 yard line/inexplicably not scoring a TD on the next drive when he scrambled & could’ve scored. Then of course the stupid ref taking BRob’s TD run off the board for a bogus procedure penalty.

That awful call will forever bother me, followed up by not getting the PI call when Samuel was getting dry humped by the CB like I used to go girls in the 8th grade.