Colts Upcoming Free Agents

Wyld Stallyns

I was looking at Over The Cap to see who the Colts free agents were and I had 2 observations. 1) I don’t consider many to be must resign 2) not many are 25 and under (marked with *) 

Unrestricted Free agents 

LB Bobby Okereke - might have to in case of broken Shaq Leonard 

DE Yannick Ngakoue - if we don’t bring back Gus Bradley he’ll probably just follow Bradley wherever he goes

K Chase McLaughlin - I’d be willing to bring him back 

OT Matt Pryor - Bye Felicia 

OT Dennis Kelly - probably not

CB Brandon Facyson - nope, also follows Bradley 

DE Tyquan Lewis - maybe another one year prove it deal

WR Ashton Dulin (26) / WR Parris Campbell (26) - I feel like one of these two returns and the other doesn’t likely depends on how much Campbell gets on the open market. 

S Rodney McCleod - probably not, he’s already 33 and we have Nick Cross and Rodney Thomas both of which will get a full offseason to get up to speed with the defense 

DE Ben Banogu - probably not, even Bradley couldn’t make him work 

S Armani Watts - nope

P Matt Haack  - as long as Rigo is healthy we are set at Punter 

Ifeadi Odenigbo - probably not 

CB Tony Brown - probably on a cheap deal 

WR Keke Coutee (26) - probably not

LB EJ Speed - probably? He’s already 28 years old and again in case of broken Shaq Leonard

DT Byron Cowart - probably not, we have both Eric Johnson and Curtis Brooks with a full offseason to get up to speed on the defense 

RFA 

*DE Khalid Kareem (25) - probably not unless we sign him to a cheaper deal then the RFA tender 

ERFA 

*DL Chris Williams (25) - yes 

*RB Deon Jackson (24) - yes 

*OL Carter ODonnell (25) - not sure 

SFA 

*RB D’Vonta Price (23) -  yes (he’s listed as SFA but he was an UDFA of ours so I think he’s ERFA or reserves/futures type player)

Also players who hit Free agency after 2023 who’ll be looking for new contracts in 2022 (MPJ, Taylor, I. Rodgers Sr. and K. Moore II) I didn’t include Matt Ryan, Grover Stewart or Stephon Gilmore because I don’t think they’ll push for a new deal. 

On 12/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

I was looking at Over The Cap to see who the Colts free agents were and I had 2 observations. 1) I don’t consider many to be must resign 2) not many are 25 and under (marked with *) 

Unrestricted Free agents 

LB Bobby Okereke - might have to in case of broken Shaq Leonard Yes. A must sign in my opinion

DE Yannick Ngakoue - if we don’t bring back Gus Bradley he’ll probably just follow Bradley wherever he goes Goodbye

K Chase McLaughlin - I’d be willing to bring him back Yes. A must sign

OT Matt Pryor - Bye Felicia Can we help you with your bags?

OT Dennis Kelly - probably not Depth?

CB Brandon Facyson - nope, also follows Bradley Seasoned, but replaceable

DE Tyquan Lewis - maybe another one year prove it deal Great pick, bad luck. One year maybe?

WR Ashton Dulin (26) / WR Parris Campbell (26) - I feel like one of these two returns and the other doesn’t likely depends on how much Campbell gets on the open market. Campbell has finally shown he can be that guy. Don't overpay!

S Rodney McCleod - probably not, he’s already 33 and we have Nick Cross and Rodney Thomas both of which will get a full offseason to get up to speed with the defense Replaceable

DE Ben Banogu - probably not, even Bradley couldn’t make him work Which side would you like that "toast" buttered on

S Armani Watts - nope Bye

P Matt Haack  - as long as Rigo is healthy we are set at Punter Agreed

Ifeadi Odenigbo - probably not Bye

CB Tony Brown - probably on a cheap deal Agreed

WR Keke Coutee (26) - probably not Agreed

LB EJ Speed - probably? He’s already 28 years old and again in case of broken Shaq Leonard Yep

DT Byron Cowart - probably not, we have both Eric Johnson and Curtis Brooks with a full offseason to get up to speed on the defense Not a difference maker

RFA 

*DE Khalid Kareem (25) - probably not unless we sign him to a cheaper deal then the RFA tender Not sure

ERFA 

*DL Chris Williams (25) - yes Agreed

*RB Deon Jackson (24) - yes Fumbles?

*OL Carter ODonnell (25) - not sure Not sure as well

SFA 

*RB D’Vonta Price (23) -  yes (he’s listed as SFA but he was an UDFA of ours so I think he’s ERFA or reserves/futures type player) Yes

Also players who hit Free agency after 2023 who’ll be looking for new contracts in 2022 (MPJ, Taylor, I. Rodgers Sr. and K. Moore II) I didn’t include Matt Ryan, Grover Stewart or Stephon Gilmore because I don’t think they’ll push for a new deal.