Week 12 GDT: The Dolphins come to town and Bill tries out some new comedy material

Apparition

5 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Brady got hit a lot more than was comfortable but that was largely due to some dumb play calling by McDaniels IMO.  The OL could have been better pass blocking but McDaniels put them in terrible positions for no reason at all.

It was Miami being Miami.  Moore held the ball too long and then when he tried to "escape" the rusher he'd end up going straight into the Patriots defender.

Ex.  He saw Jones(?) blitzing off the slot, had a solid 1.5 seconds to throw the ball away or step up.  Instead he instantly tried a Romo spin move which did nothing but put himself further backfield and make it easy for Jones to tackle him from behind.

Good to know. 

At least they’re doing what they should be doing against lesser teams. Miami’s only redeeming quality at this point is their defensive line, so it is what it is. Thanks for the updates.

19 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

I don't really ever post during the games. I might make a comment now and then, but I typically focus my attention on the game and like to post afterwords.

I thought overall, it was tough to come away pleased with this performance. The injuries mounted though, which is concerning and something we're going to have to monitor. Flowers (ribs), Ebner (knee, probably serious), Waddle (seen in a boot), Van Noy (etc)? Three ST players injured with Slater already hurt. This was one of those games that I just wanted to end already.

The Dolphins have to be up there as one of the dumber, cheap, and undisciplined teams in the league. Playing Suh always has me uneasy. How did they miss that blatant face mask on Lewis? Then they had a corner ejected. Kenny Stills running his mouth all game when his team was getting destroyed. Don't get me wrong, I think Jarvis Landry is a great talent. He would be great here, especially in our offense with Brady. But the guy strikes me as not the brightest. Why do I feel like every time we're playing the Dolphins, he's celebrating each first down like they're up big? Don't even get me going on he (and Stills', which were worse) post game comments. You really still think Gase should have challenged the ruling on your non-catch? Come on.

This team is really playing some complete football right now. Loved the fake punt on the opening drive. You have to think that was straight from film review, and something the coaching staff saw on tape, with them going to it that early. It's truly a treat having Belichick and co. as our coaching staff. 99/100 times, they're going to be the most prepared team, each week. It's incredible.

This offensive unit is special. They can beat you so many ways. Pretty crazy that we're without two great WR's in Edelman and Hogan, and this offense doesn't skip a beat.

Big day for the running game, I believe collectively our backs rushed for over 200 yards. Or close to it. My favorite thing about Bill Belichick is, and will always be, how when the league is playing Chess, he's playing Checkers (I think that's how the saying goes, we'll roll with it). RB's have been devalued across the league, so he builds a unit that, collectively, can beat you so many ways. Lewis is a special player. Burkhead is what BB describes as a "4-down football player", White is a weapon a receiver and evolving as a rusher. And then you have Gillislee who I still think is valuable in a ground and pound type game plan. He saw enough of Blount, the lack of a running game and really saw the need to upgrade it this off-season.

Speaking of the RB's, I hope we can extend both Burkhead and Lewis. We'd be set for the near future.

Are people still worried about Cooks fitting in? I know I was concerned with his slow start, but I'll aboard the Brandin Cooks bandwagon. What an addition for a late first round pick. Did I mention he's only 24, and already talking about how much he loves it here? I hope when he gets his second contract, that it's with the Patriots.

I've run out of good things to say about Tom Brady. Just your weekly reminded that the guy is FOURTY years old and is playing at an MVP level. We are #Spoiled.  Too many hits for my liking in this one and the line continues to get more and more banged up. I hope Andrews and Cannon can come back next week. If Fleming has to play RT, expect a ton of Dwayne Allen/Gronk help on his side.

Another great game for this defense. Remember when (other posters too) said it'd take time for this secondary to click? There was just too much talent in our secondary for them to continue to perform the way they had. Gilmore is a good player. Another terrific performance by him. Completely took Davante Parker out of the game and could have easily had two INT's if Harmon aka "The Closer" wasn't so greedy.

Gronk continues to be a monster. Still laughing at he and Cooks celebration, though, I'm sure Belichick isn't judging by Gronks post game presser.

This team is rolling, but we need that HFA. Can't wait for that match-up with the Steelers. Speaking of the Steelers, did you guys see Mike Tomlins pre-game comments, where he said "We should win it all". When will this dummy learn?

Archived