GDT: Oilers @ Cowboys (The Texas Bragging Rights Game)

Tony7188

z7wh1uap45ms5fy56vuv

Date & Time: Sun., Dec. 11 @ 12:00 CST

The Houston Texans (Oilers?) ride into Arlington, Texas this week to face the red hot Dallas Cowboys. As winners of 3 straight, the Boys are looking to do something they haven't done in over 20+ years. Have back to back, double digit winning seasons. Meanwhile the Texans, have been looking towards the NFL draft since October. With a 1-10-1 record, the Texans have been a model of consistency, by continually rotating their QBs in a losing effort to secure the 2023 #1 overall pick. Most Cowboys fans expect an easy win on Sunday. They expect the Texans to get their arses kicked so bad by the Cowboys, that Houston will be in jeopardy of losing another NFL franchise... for good. 

This week though, is different for the Texans. This game is the Battle of Texas and the winner has bragging rights in Texas for 4 years. The Texans plan to start the QB who actually gives them a chance to win this game. Besides with a 2 game lead on the #1 overall pick, they have nothing to lose with a win.

Here's the latest from OBJ Watch:

The OL is getting some additional help soon.

Back in 2018, the Texans handed the Cowboys a brutal loss by winning in OT 19-16, with massage boy at QB. This year, it's Dak Prescott vs. Davis Mills, who has inexplicably shown flashes of turning into a quality backup QB. Can Dak outplay Davis Mills aka General Mills, aka D-Milli, at home?

Dak Prescott

FjJ6f3dXEAIVmy7?format=jpg&name=smallf

VS.

Davis Mills aka D-Milli

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 3:03 AM, Tony7188 said:

Well of course Mills is on the list...he has Brandin Cooks, who is the most underrated receiver in an entire generation. Bad teams, bad QBs, and still explosively turns out 1000 yard seasons as one hell of a vertical route runner

Edited by Dallas94Ware

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don’t think Young or Stroud are going to fix this. Not a big fan of the QB class thus far

There are a few outlying prospects who's game translates well to the pros (Hooker stands out in my mind who's game definitely translates) but I've yet to see a single game tame where I watch the QB and think "special"

And if I'm drafting a passer in that top range, especially 1 overall or even 10th overall, I need some special traits. Not just see good translation between what they've done and what they will need to do at the next level ..

Last time I felt that way over the top options of a draft class was with Wentz and Goff. Good traits that translated well, but no traits that outright made me think special player. And that's pretty much how both their careers played out. 

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Well of course Mills is on the list...he has Brandin Cooks, who is the most underrated receiver in an entire generation. Bad teams, bad QBs, and still explosively turns out 1000 yard seasons as one hell of a vertical route runner

There's something else going on behind the scenes with him. Has to be.

He's a good wideout who can't seem to latch on anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

There are a few outlying prospects who's game translates well to the pros (Hooker stands out in my mind who's game definitely translates) but I've yet to see a single game tame where I watch the QB and think "special"

And if I'm drafting a passer in that top range, especially 1 overall or even 10th overall, I need some special traits. Not just see good translation between what they've done and what they will need to do at the next level ..

Last time I felt that way over the top options of a draft class was with Wentz and Goff. Good traits that translated well, but no traits that outright made me think special player. And that's pretty much how both their careers played out. 

I think Young can be a good QB in the right system. Will Levis has potential...again, right system. Stroud, too...maybe.