2023 FA Targets

dll2000

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

But Bodmas would still be brackets, orders, division, multiplication, addition, subtraction

which is the same order as in the US: Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction

Not sure where you're getting addition before multiplication from

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Unfortunately, the brackets are implied when they aren’t outright shown. And they are always implied on the multiplication unless stated otherwise (it would have to specify show (burger + chips) x cola) 

in reality, the equation can not be completed, due to insufficient evidence information 

I can honestly say I have never felt so old hahaha...the brackets being implied was never the way we were taught it...to be fair we were never taught that the multiplication would come before the addition unless there was explicitly brackets and most of the time they were still sequential 😂guess I learn something knew every day hahaha...that said it's still hurting my head how most people are getting to 25 and some to 16 & 60...I even say a 17 hahahaha.

On 3/29/2023 at 6:00 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Let’s not disparage the guy because he ended up signing elsewhere. He got paid as one of the top RTs in the league (which he’s not) by the Broncos, but “McTurnstile” is a middle of the road NFL starter at the position. He definitely was a serious option to upgrade the position, at which we presently have Larry Borom and some guys on futures contracts. 

I disparage bc the guy is average at best and gets beat alot in big moments   not bc he signed elsewhere. I am GRATEful he signed elsewhere   ...he is a high pick that SF was happy to let walk after his rookie deal 

you honestly believe that a middle of the road nfl starter early in FA is the answer, or even a serious option for poles ? 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Can only be 70...

Cola is worth 10

Burger is worth 5

Chips are worth 2

Final sum is burger (5) + chips (2) x cola (10) = 70

This is about to be the new Gold or Blue dress isn't it? 🤣

It's actually 15

Allow me to explain 

10 + 10 + 10

10 + 5 + 5 = 20

5 + (2×1) + (2× 1) = 9

5 + 1 x 10 = ?

This is all about order of operations, the key is to remember pemdas 

Parentheses 

Exponent

Multiplication

Division

Addition

Subtraction

So we go back to our problem

5 + 1 x 10

We do the multiplication first according to Pemdas

5 + 10 = 15

Thank you for coming to my Tedtalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SLCbear said:

I disparage bc the guy is average at best and gets beat alot in big moments   not bc he signed elsewhere. I am GRATEful he signed elsewhere   ...he is a high pick that SF was happy to let walk after his rookie deal 

you honestly believe that a middle of the road nfl starter early in FA is the answer, or even a serious option for poles ? 

McGlinchey isn’t Tristan Wirfs but he’s better than 15-20 of the guys starting at his position across the league. Adding a guy like that at pretty much every position other than QB is a step toward improving your roster.

A middle of the road starter is a solid NFL player. Every team needs a bunch of guys like that. You know that nobody has top tier players everywhere on the roster, right? This isn’t Madden or Fantasyland. Those teams that have more of those players than others mostly either drafted them or traded for them. Players at that level almost never hit FA until they’re well past their primes. Look at the Eagles last season and how they were constructed - they drafted Hurts, Sanders, Smith, Goedert, Johnson, Mailata, Dickerson, Kelce, Cox, Graham, Sweat and Edwards, and they traded for Brown, CGJ and Slay. Of their FA impact guys, Bradberry was a 1-year flyer on a reclamation project for a guy who washed out with the Giants, and Hargrave & Reddick were second tier FA signings who drastically outplayed their respective FA deals. 

Free agency is generally about raising the floor of your roster with second tier players other teams found expendable for some reason, with few exceptions. McGlinchey certainly would’ve fit that bill. There’s a reason we had to trade for DJ Moore, and why Poles is so adamant about building primarily through the draft. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

McGlinchey isn’t Tristan Wirfs but he’s better than 15-20 of the guys starting at his position across the league. Adding a guy like that at pretty much every position other than QB is a step toward improving your roster.

In theory... sure. But at the cost of one of the Highest Pain RTs in the entire League? Nah, thats just bad business

15 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's actually 15

Allow me to explain 

10 + 10 + 10

10 + 5 + 5 = 20

5 + (2×1) + (2× 1) = 9

5 + 1 x 10 = ?

This is all about order of operations, the key is to remember pemdas 

Parentheses 

Exponent

Multiplication

Division

Addition

Subtraction

So we go back to our problem

5 + 1 x 10

We do the multiplication first according to Pemdas

5 + 10 = 15

Thank you for coming to my Tedtalk

I agree , Rock Ya Sin and Yannick Ngakoue would be good signings!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

In theory... sure. But at the cost of one of the Highest Pain RTs in the entire League? Nah, thats just bad business

Completely agree. That’s why you don’t sign McGlinchey. His point wasn’t that though - his point (or at least the way I read it) was about a middle of the road RT not being good enough to be a serious option or an answer at RT. I completely disagree with that. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ty21 said:

We should trade him 

I would only trade him for fear of bad back for a nice return.  

This guy puts NFL players on their back.  Very few people can do that even sporadically. 

He is worth some peccadilloes or weirdness.