2023 FA Targets

dll2000

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

What would be people’s thought on a Claypool + conditional 4-5RP for Hopkins trade? 

I don’t think a conditional 4/5 is nearly enough value for the Cards to take on an expiring contract in a lesser player coming off his worst year. 

19 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think a conditional 4/5 is nearly enough value for the Cards to take on an expiring contract in a lesser player coming off his worst year. 

I think your vitriolic comment had some actual steam coming off it 

On 4/10/2023 at 10:38 PM, Ty21 said:

What would be people’s thought on a Claypool + conditional 4-5RP for Hopkins trade? 

I don't really see the benefit to Hopkins coming here, he should go to a contender.  The Bears have an outside shot at a wildcard spot if things fall the right way and they draft well, but they won't be a real contender for at least one more season.  I don't want to give up draft capital for a WR who probably only has one or two good years left when we wont be contending in one or two years.  Clearly he's a better WR than Claypool, but I am still optimistic about Claypool growing as a player over the offseason.

• Like 2

you know who a team who has very little draft capital, very little cap space, that doesn't look like it's going anywhere, has already traded one of their top players? the rams

jalen ramsey went for a 3rd and backup TE, is only 28 (3 years younger) and wanted more money

i wonder if we could get donald for a 2nd and something out? maybe after a trade down from 9 if we get a higher mid-round 2nd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

you know who a team who has very little draft capital, very little cap space, that doesn't look like it's going anywhere, has already traded one of their top players? the rams

jalen ramsey went for a 3rd and backup TE, is only 28 (3 years younger) and wanted more money

i wonder if we could get donald for a 2nd and something out? maybe after a trade down from 9 if we get a higher mid-round 2nd

I think Poles would get laughed off the phone but I'd 100% make that call. At worst you're told no, but that may end up leading to talks for other players too. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I think Poles would get laughed off the phone but I'd 100% make that call. At worst you're told no, but that may end up leading to talks for other players too. 

would he tho? they've already traded one of the best CBs in the entire league, who is just 28, for a 3rd just years after giving up multiple firsts+ for him.

they have 10M in cap space, but it's pretty clear their "**** them picks" approach has left their roster pretty decimated, which is impressive given where they were just 14 months ago.

Donald is 32 and has a cap number of $26M this year and $34M next year - years that the rams are not going to compete at all. AD has also "contemplated" retirement the last 2 offseasons

yeah, a mid-2nd and conditional/other picks might not get the deal done, but does it set the groundwork to something that could be done? possibly.

Lets say Levis drops to #9 and Washington calls and offers #15 and #47, an overpay, but fitting with a QB tax. at 15 bears draft either Wright or LVN. then trade #47 and #53, plus a 2024 conditional 4th that could go up to a 2nd based on whatever. even if that pick moves up to a 2nd, we still have our 2 firsts next year. 

this isn't trading 2 FRP for a ramsey or mack, guys that are still in their primes/late 20s. AD is still AD, but again he's 32 and has cap hits of $60M the next two years on a team that is devoid of talent and looks like at best 3rd in their own division.

9 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

would he tho? they've already traded one of the best CBs in the entire league, who is just 28, for a 3rd just years after giving up multiple firsts+ for him.

they have 10M in cap space, but it's pretty clear their "**** them picks" approach has left their roster pretty decimated, which is impressive given where they were just 14 months ago.

Donald is 32 and has a cap number of $26M this year and $34M next year - years that the rams are not going to compete at all. AD has also "contemplated" retirement the last 2 offseasons

yeah, a mid-2nd and conditional/other picks might not get the deal done, but does it set the groundwork to something that could be done? possibly.

Lets say Levis drops to #9 and Washington calls and offers #15 and #47, an overpay, but fitting with a QB tax. at 15 bears draft either Wright or LVN. then trade #47 and #53, plus a 2024 conditional 4th that could go up to a 2nd based on whatever. even if that pick moves up to a 2nd, we still have our 2 firsts next year. 

this isn't trading 2 FRP for a ramsey or mack, guys that are still in their primes/late 20s. AD is still AD, but again he's 32 and has cap hits of $60M the next two years on a team that is devoid of talent and looks like at best 3rd in their own division.

I can't say for sure they would, but I'd wager they wouldn't make the move. 

The Rams would be losing the face of their franchise and having a dead cap of $41 mil would be really hard to sell imo, especially for a 2nd round pick. If the Rams are moving him I would imagine they would let him pick his select group of teams to choose from too. 

And if Donald is actually contemplating retirement then I don't see why they make the move. He isn't putting Chicago in Super Bowl contention, at best the Bears get manhandled in the playoffs by a top tier team. 

Again I could completely be wrong, but they may have an attendance that rivals the Oakland Athletics if they move Donald. 

If I'm Poles and I'm targeting an ideal 3Tech then it has to be in the mold of someone like Justin Simmons who is on his 4th or 5th year of the rookie contract (Depending on draft slot). Then I would want to lock them up for at least a 4 year extension (at market rates) before I commit significant draft capital. AD is awesome and a generational talent but on the wrong side of 30 and those CAP hits are too much for 2 more years. He may even decide to retire.