2023 FA Targets

dll2000

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

As a 30 year old who belie es you to be of similar age, I think it’s just most of us.

Now, how does that saying go? Back to work! The elders need us to provide the social security we’ll never receive!

You’ll get it.  Money will be worth a lot less that’s all.  

• Like 2

The more I listen to what Flus says he wants on this defence the more I think we see either Zach Allen or Dre'Mont Jones next season...both are young, long, athletic can play at UT or on the Edge...have been productive this season and shouldn't break the bank too much...can you imagine if we could come away with say Payne as one of of tier 1 guys then Jones as a tier 2? Gives you defenders who can play UT or NT & one who can play UT or LE...opens the draft up massively if we wanted to pick one of the top guys then Carter comes in to play UT...Payne at NT...Jones is your starting LE which gives you a lot of big physical defenders...of draft Anderson and plug him in at RE and have Payne at UT with Jones at LE on early downs and then slide Payne to NT & Jones inside to UT on 3rd downs...lot of versatility in that group with less size...that's before we even get into who else you could sign in FA or trading down and adding pass rushing talent a little later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The more I listen to what Flus says he wants on this defence the more I think we see either Zach Allen or Dre'Mont Jones next season...both are young, long, athletic can play at UT or on the Edge...have been productive this season and shouldn't break the bank too much...can you imagine if we could come away with say Payne as one of of tier 1 guys then Jones as a tier 2? Gives you defenders who can play UT or NT & one who can play UT or LE...opens the draft up massively if we wanted to pick one of the top guys then Carter comes in to play UT...Payne at NT...Jones is your starting LE which gives you a lot of big physical defenders...of draft Anderson and plug him in at RE and have Payne at UT with Jones at LE on early downs and then slide Payne to NT & Jones inside to UT on 3rd downs...lot of versatility in that group with less size...that's before we even get into who else you could sign in FA or trading down and adding pass rushing talent a little later.

That's exactly why I'm so big on Allen. He has the size/length/speed to play the Izzy role. He can be a quick 3T or a big base DE and that allows you flexibility with the surrounding cast. I don't want to go into the draft and get "cornered" into one position. Have one pure DE, one pure DT, Allen and get your best guy in the draft. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Dremont Jones would be a home run addition. He's good now but it would be a Hicks-like signing where in 2 years his contract could look like a steal

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:32 PM, Madmike90 said:

OL

Elgton Jenkins (OL)

Terence Steele (OT)

Jack Conklin (OT)

Garrett Bradbury (C)

Ethan Pocic C)

Andre Dillard (OT)

David Edwards (OG)

Dalton Risner (OG)

Nate Davis (OG)

Cameron Erving (OL)

Jawaan Taylor (OL)

Cameron Fleming (OL)

Dennis Daley (OG)

LB

Bobby Okereke

TJ Edwards

Drew Tranquill

Germaine Pratt

Anthony Walker

Leighton Vander Esch

Cody Barton

Raekwon McMillan

Ben Niemann

Two guys to add to the position groups above...

Detroit C Evan Brown...I thought he would be a  RFA given his age...Brown might not be a long term starter and we could draft a guy in the mid rounds to compete but he is really athletic and strong at the centre position running a 5.03 forty with a 36" vertical and 36 reps on the bench...with Frank Ragnow being one of the best in the league Brown could come here for a starting gig...6-3" 320lbs is the type of size we should be looking for even in a great athlete...would love to pair him with Joe Tippman in the draft & let them compete for the start.

Miami LB Andrew van Ginkel...not had as much of an impact this season (except against us) but last season had 4 sacks & 20 QB Hits coming off the edge...I think he would play SLB for us on early downs and could play as a DE on 3rd down...special teams aces as well and that versatility would make him a really nice fit here in a lot of ways.