2023 FA Targets

dll2000

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

For the sake of spite - and because I am a fan of his - I would really get a kick out of seeing Tremaine Edmunds get signed to be our WILL here. I have zero hope we get him but I'd be really excited.

If they didn't give an off the ball LB what he wanted, they won't give another off the ball LB what he wants

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sugashane said:

For the sake of spite - and because I am a fan of his - I would really get a kick out of seeing Tremaine Edmunds get signed to be our WILL here. I have zero hope we get him but I'd be really excited.

He is more of a Mike or Sam anyway.

They aren't paying him what he would want and I wouldn't either.

Make DL great and LBs would usually look good.   Same with OL and RB.   Keep focus on LOS.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Make DL great and LBs would usually look good.   Same with OL and RB.   Keep focus on LOS.

Agreed. An elite front 4 on defense will make for a really strong back 7.

I know this is the FA thread, but if we happen to find ourselves picking #2 and in a trade down scenario I’m inclined to think we should strongly push for a top OL or DL to be a part of the trade compensation. Brian Burns from CAR would be a great target for this IMO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I know this is the FA thread, but if we happen to find ourselves picking #2 and in a trade down scenario I’m inclined to think we should strongly push for a top OL or DL to be a part of the trade compensation. Brian Burns from CAR would be a great target for this IMO. 

Those type of trades are few and far between. They had the chance to trade him this year for alot, and wouldnt. Its mor likely we get all picks in return

• Like 2

We passed on Tunsil who miraculously fell to us in draft because of weed of all things.  Then passed on Conklin in open FA in his prime.   To add insult in that draft we traded up and still didn’t take him.  He only turned into all best players on Miami and is a great LT now. 

We traded up for Montgomery due to dire need because we passed on Kareem Hunt who also ironically went to Cleveland.

We could have used those picks on trades or OTs in draft.

Our OL problems are mostly self inflicted by Pace who never valued OT position for whatever reason until his last year.   

Well both those guys getting resigned sucks…only good thing is neither contract is insane…actually surprised that their agents allowed them to sign them and not just hit free agency…it does set the top end for the OL market outside of Orlando Brown (who I would have no interest in).