2023 FA Targets

dll2000

On 3/20/2023 at 9:47 AM, Ty21 said:

We need a KR and more rb’s before we need a starting CB? And we don’t need a center at all? The only justification for focusing on TE when we already have a serviceable top 20 starter is if a transcendent talent falls to us later than expected. Even then, I don’t see the brass caring that much about it since they are high on Kmet. 

we have 2 very good corners 

we also hv a probowl IOL to fill in at C for now

there are CBs everywhere right now. A KR that constantly flips field position is much harder to find making that more of a concern 

everything on my list is a concern, we need solutions for them all, some positions are much harder to acquire diff making talent  so yes KR is more concerning to find than a CB to play w JJ and KG

On 3/20/2023 at 9:49 AM, Ty21 said:

But apparently you think the signing was to take Kmet’s job?

no I wasn't saying this at all, I was saying that Poles added a faster quicker better hands route runner in Tonyan bc JF needs a receiving threat weapon there

On 3/20/2023 at 11:11 AM, Bigbear72 said:

Using this logic does this mean that he brought in PJ Walker to eventually replace JF1?

not sure how you get that from my post, tonyan is not here to replace kmet  ...he is here to add another dimension, get open and catch passes and pick up YAC  ....the things kmet sucks at 

neither is a true 1  I have said this many times already

Edited by SLCbear

On 3/20/2023 at 4:19 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

IK @StLunatic88 already went deep on you of how ridiculous your expectation is, but I thought I'd put a final stamp on it.  There are 2 guys w/75+ rec and 3 w/ 800+ yards and none of them are George Kittle.  50 rec is 15th in the NFL and would probably be considered league avg for a starting TE.  His 544 yards is 13th in the NFL and would be considered slightly better than avg.  Now for a guy who is part of the lowest passing offense by volume in the league by a wide margin.  Not too shabby.  His YPC is higher than all but Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews Dallas Goedert, and Pat Freiermuth, and George Kittle of guys who had more yards.  And of those guys only Kittle and Freiermuth is asked to block even close to as often as Kmet is.  Kmet has demonstrated his floor, is exactly what the comp was coming out college, he is at worst, Kyle Rudolph.  And that's a pretty damn good floor.  Who knows what his ceiling is.  

this says much more about the lack of overall TE talent  league-wide than it says about cole kmet being a legit #1 TE

give me a break   

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Whitehair was an injury replacement pro bowler five seasons ago. Same as Trubisky. To call him a “probowl IOL to fill in at C for now” with the implication (intended or not) that we’re plugging in a pro bowl caliber player there for 2023 is more than a little bit misleading. 

• Like 3

That’s a stretch for either of them. Jaylon is pretty good, kyler is a slot corner who’s still very much a question mark. Leaving #2 corner (or #1 corner depending on how you rate JJ and what is available to you) unaddressed. Unless you think Kindle Vildor is sufficient 

there are CBs everywhere right now. A KR that constantly flips field position is much harder to find making that more of a concern 

everything on my list is a concern, we need solutions for them all, some positions are much harder to acquire diff making talent  so yes KR is more concerning to find than a CB to play w JJ and KG

Jaylon Johnson is good, but I definitely don't think we've seen near enough from Kyler Gordon to say he's "very good"

• Like 1

this says much more about the lack of overall TE talent  league-wide than it says about cole kmet being a legit #1 TE

give me a break   

There are 32 teams. Kmet being somewhere between the 10th and 15th best TE in the league makes a #1 TE exactly what he is. That’s just math. Again, nobody is saying he’s a superstar, but he’s certainly nowhere near the bum you’re implying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Whitehair was an injury replacement pro bowler five seasons ago. Same as Trubisky. To call him a “probowl IOL to fill in at C for now” with the implication (intended or not) that we’re plugging in a pro bowl caliber player there for 2023 is more than a little bit misleading. 

And he hasn’t played center since that pro bowl year 

• Like 1