Josh McDaniels: Your Thoughts

G08

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Patricia

There has been some buzz about him on the Chicago radio and a couple beat guys mentioned him as someone they think Pace will take a run at.

Everyone assumes that the Bears are going to hire an offensive coach.

But our last 2 coaches [Trestman and Fox] have been just plain incompetent in running a team and game day, so maybe the Bears just grab the best coach.

Patricia is Belichick lite. Dude is crazy smart (rocket scientist) and is great at adapting his gameplans mid game and to fit personnel. As long as he has been here his defensive identities have been different year to year and he makes it work. Players love him but he also knows how to keep their heads on straight. He is a big reason why the defense this year has turned around. 

Yeah I'd guess the one knock on McDaniels would be that he really came up when the offense and offensive talent began to take a much greater emphasis on the team. Patricia became the DC when the defense was becoming an issue and helped turn it around and got a lot out of less. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

McD laid an egg tonight. Playcalling was off (as was everything else, tbf).

Was it me or did the game-plan seem very bland and vanilla? Was also surprised with the lack of commitment to the running game with the injuries on OL and how we gashed them 2 weeks ago on the ground.

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Was it me or did the game-plan seem very bland and vanilla? Was also surprised with the lack of commitment to the running game with the injuries on OL and how we gashed them 2 weeks ago on the ground.

More than just bland... incorrect. Why did they go with so many long developing plays when the Phins were blitzing every down? They switched to the screen game and they scored a TD, but they inexplicably abondoned that GP

Archived