I think it's time to start including Joe Burrow as a Top 3 NFL QB.

mdonnelly21

35 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Joe Burrow rank as a QB right now?

What am I missing here?

If I'm starting a franchise and get first pick to take whomever I want...Burrow is most likely a top 3 pick.  Mahomes and Allen over him.  If it were me.  But he's right there with those guys.  

If I had to win a single game and could choose me QB for right now?  Mahomes, maybe Rodgers, maybe Brady, maybe Allen.  Maybe Hurts.  But those are a lot of maybes.

I think Joe is really, really good when I see him.  Ultra competitive.  Love his deep ball placement.  And mobile enough to extend plays.

And I don't think his WR's are making him look good.  I think he is that good and they help each other out.

I don't much care if their coach is an idiot or the President of the local mensa chapter.  I don't care about his o-line.  I think the kid is very, very good.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, seminoles1 said:

Do you hold everyone else to this standard? How would Allen look without Diggs?

I would not use Allen as an example. Outside of Diggs- his other weapons are pretty blah. Gabe is a pretty good #2, but is incredibly inconsistent at catching. Boom or bust player week-in-and-week-out. The slot position is so laughable they've signed Beasley in hopes to get some stability there. Knox has been underwhelming, and that's putting it lightly, but his brother died just before the season started, so I'm not holding it against him.

In fact- Buffalo has the most dropped passes in the league right now:

NFL Team Leaders - Passes Dropped | NBCSports

Allen doesn't have the weapons Burrow has. If Diggs goes down- then Buffalo is in deep doo-doo because the other WRs are unreliable. McKenzie and Davis are just so painfully inconsistent there. Burrow at least has Boyd in the slot and Higgins who is a better #2 than Davis.   

Not saying Allen doesn't have other advantages. His defense is great at bailing him out on his off-games. All I'm saying is it's not a great argument to bring Allen up when comparing it to the weapons Burrow has. 

On 12/16/2022 at 12:47 PM, Ray Reed said:

All that matters is that he's really good. Some people may want to split hairs between top-3 and top-5 or whatever but the dude is a top tier QB in the NFL currently

this.. I am a homer and want to say he is just a hair under Mahomes but 2nd best. Regardless he is top 3/5 and anyone saying he isn't is just either a hater or not watching. 

On 12/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, biggie. said:

After last night, don't ever try to compare Geno Smith to Joe Burrow again.

why? They are completely comparable (actually not really because even after last night's game Geno is still statistically better!). Sorry the teams Geno plays don't turn the ball over on 5 straight possessions or whatever it was lol

Passing Advanced Passing
Rk Player Year QBrec Att Cmp% Y/A+ NY/A+ AY/A+ ANY/A+ Cmp%+ TD%+ Int%+ Sack%+ Rate+
1 Joe Burrow 2022 10-4-0 512 68.2 112 110 115 113 116 119 106 98 119
2 Geno Smith 2022 7-7-0 472 71.4 116 110 119 113 131 113 112 94 123

Congrats to Burrow though for finally catching Geno in ANY/A+! 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

why? They are completely comparable (actually not really because even after last night's game Geno is still statistically better!). Sorry the teams Geno plays don't turn the ball over on 5 straight possessions or whatever it was lol

Passing Advanced Passing
Rk Player Year QBrec Att Cmp% Y/A+ NY/A+ AY/A+ ANY/A+ Cmp%+ TD%+ Int%+ Sack%+ Rate+

Joe Burrow has been to a Super Bowl and is clearly going to be Cincy's starter for quite a while. Geno is starting to fade and we all knew his play wasn't sustainable.

Using numbers that no one really cares about doesn't change that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Passing Advanced Passing

So you are starting a team. You are taking Geno over Joe?  GMAFB

35 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Joe Burrow has been to a Super Bowl and is clearly going to be Cincy's starter for quite a while. Geno is starting to fade and we all knew his play wasn't sustainable.

Using numbers that no one really cares about doesn't change that.

25 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

So you are starting a team. You are taking Geno over Joe?  GMAFB

Glad to see both of you forgot which thread you're in. This is a "who is better this season" thread, not a "which QB do you want for the next 10 years" thread. If all you've got to support your Joe Burrow arguments are "He's been in a Superbowl!!!" and "I would start a franchise with him over Geno!" that's kinda sad lol

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Glad to see both of you forgot which thread you're in. This is a "who is better this season" thread, not a "which QB do you want for the next 10 years" thread. If all you've got to support your Joe Burrow arguments are "He's been in a Superbowl!!!" and "I would start a franchise with him over Geno!" that's kinda sad lol

Ah.. I don't really give a ****.. but you acting like Geno is way better than Joe is hilarious.. but continue. 

So there is a game tomorrow (one game) and you have to chose a QB. which one are you picking?  

Just now, fluhartz said:

Ah.. I don't really give a ****.. but you acting like Geno is way better than Joe is hilarious.. but continue. 

So there is a game tomorrow (one game) and you have to chose a QB. which one are you picking?  

Statistically, he IS better than Joe Burrow this year, and I've proven it repeatedly. That doesn't mean he's gonna be for the next 10 years, or that his production is sustainable, but he is better than Burrow this year. Facts don't care about your feelings.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Statistically, he IS better than Joe Burrow this year, and I've proven it repeatedly. That doesn't mean he's gonna be for the next 10 years, or that his production is sustainable, but he is better than Burrow this year. Facts don't care about your feelings.

ok dude.. go Hawks 

First of all, I love how the “supporting cast” argument is repeatedly thrusted upon Burrow each year, yet someone like Mahomes who plays with a HOF receiving tight end, a future HOF receiver, a HOF offensive HC, and good OLs for the majority of his career, yet you’ll never hear a peep out of them “propping him up”. Funny how that works.

Second of all, the only posters against Joe in this thread seem to be Ravens fans. Go figure.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

First of all, I love how the “supporting cast” argument is repeatedly thrusted upon Burrow each year, yet someone like Mahomes who plays with a HOF receiving tight end, a future HOF receiver, a HOF offensive HC, and good OLs for the majority of his career, yet you’ll never hear a peep out of them “propping him up”. Funny how that works.

Second of all, the only posters against Joe in this thread seem to be Ravens fans. Go figure.

lol WHAT??!!?!

This has literally been the argument used against Mahomes his ENTIRE career.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Soggust said:

lol WHAT??!!?!

This has literally been the argument used against Mahomes his ENTIRE career.

Seriously? I’ve never heard it once. Maybe as a Chiefs fan you’re more exposed to it.

Either way, you can then understand how it’s a misconstruing argument.

Edited by SmittyBacall