Packerraymond 2023 Mock Offseason V2

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I just can't see the Raiders trading a top 12 pick for Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Would probably be their best utilization of a 1st rounder in 8 years.

Plus, Derek Carr has been a hot mess this year given the expectations. Even with his BFF. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s that time of year again. The time where I spend all my efforts trying to convince people the Hockensen/Pitts tight ends aren’t worth too 16 picks and they tell me I’m crazy and then they disappear three years into their careers because I was right.

I mean I plain as day state that it's against my usual value ideals, so was Quay Walker... When you have 2 first round picks it's easier to swallow.

Mayer is much closer to Hock than Pitts. Pitts is just a rocked up WR. Mayer would be an asset in the run game too. Hock really isn't a great comp though because he's shorter. You're absolute best case hope is a Mark Andrews type, I think the floor for Mayer is like Austin Hooper. Extremely low bust rate there. He's going to be TE1, we'll see at the Combine what kind of athletic traits he has, think that determines if he's a stud or not.

I've watched Mayer a lot and he doesn't seem real explosive to me. What sets him apart as a receiver is his body control  which enables him to make difficult catches you wouldn't expect from a 265 lb TE.  Not sure if any of the drills at the combine will capture that. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean I plain as day state that it's against my usual value ideals, so was Quay Walker... When you have 2 first round picks it's easier to swallow.

Mayer is much closer to Hock than Pitts. Pitts is just a rocked up WR. Mayer would be an asset in the run game too. Hock really isn't a great comp though because he's shorter. You're absolute best case hope is a Mark Andrews type, I think the floor for Mayer is like Austin Hooper. Extremely low bust rate there. He's going to be TE1, we'll see at the Combine what kind of athletic traits he has, think that determines if he's a stud or not.

I just cannot and will not be able to justify it. Don’t know anything about the kid, but if he’s a plus receiving threat and plus blocking, I could swallow it at ~20th overall. But top 16? Can’t. Won’t. Not when there’s going to be a DL/EDGE/DB/OT/QB close.

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They just traded away one Primadona. You think they are going to trade for an older version of same?

Wilson didn't want to be there. And after this season, it looks like maybe Carroll had a lot to do with Wilson's success there. I could see Carroll wanting to see what he could do with a QB of Rodgers' pedigree. If Rodgers were agreeable going there, I could see it happening.

Seattle isn't trading for Rodgers.   If they don't sign Geno (F'in) Smith who has had a great year, they still have Drew Lock who they wanted in the Wilson deal.  They also have Denvers first round pick (top 5) for a QB option 

You are more likely to see Jordan Love in Seattle than Rodgers and his contract.  I dont think either happens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Wilson didn't want to be there. And after this season, it looks like maybe Carroll had a lot to do with Wilson's success there. I could see Carroll wanting to see what he could do with a QB of Rodgers' pedigree. If Rodgers were agreeable going there, I could see it happening.

I don't see it, plus Vegas is going to have a higher FRP. He's closer to No Cal and So Cal in Vegas than Seattle.

Plus, no state income tax in NV. Comparison, Washington is 6.5% and California is 12.3%. For someone like Rodgers that is a lot of cash to be giving away. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't see it, plus Vegas is going to have a higher FRP. He's closer to No Cal and So Cal in Vegas than Seattle.

Plus, no state income tax in NV. Comparison, Washington is 6.5% and California is 12.3%. For someone like Rodgers that is a lot of cash to be giving away. 

Oh, I agree about Vegas. I was just suggesting an alternative if Vegas isn't in the cards.