2018 Free Agency: WRs

G08

Thought I'd get this thread jump-started since, for me anyway, the season is pretty much over and I'm thinking about next off-season.

Should be some interesting names in the UFA market... doubt any of these dudes will be franchise tagged.

Anyone jump out at you? I see a few that I wouldn't mind bringing into Chicago (I'm focusing on youth and up-side... players that can learn and grow with Mitch and our new offense).

• Allen Robinson (I want this guy in Chicago, badly. I don't care that he's coming off a torn ACL)
  • Sammy Watkins (talented kid... is he a "healthier" Kevin White?)
  • Dontrelle Inman (solid #4 WR)
  • Jordan Matthews (underproductive, IMO... might look good in Chicago)
  • Davante Adams (a bit overrated in my football world, but it would hurt the northerners up north)
  • Donte Moncrief

Davante Adams would be a very solid addition. We would have to overpay but that's OK he is a great route runner and seems very healthy overall. I don't consider him a true #1 but for what else is out there the guy I would want personally. 

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think Inman is better than a #4, I think he is a good #3 and based on a limited sample should be re-signed.

I do too, but I want to build this depth chart where I have potential #2s and 3s at #4

Sammy Watkins intrigues me...

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I do too, but I want to build this depth chart where I have potential #2s and 3s at #4

Sammy Watkins intrigues me...

I doubt that the Rams do not extend him after giving up a 2nd round pick.

I think we will see either

-2 good free agents

or 

-1 free agent and 1 top 2 round pick

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

-2 good free agents

or 

I reckon they will go with scenario #2 unless you consider Inman to be a good free agent?

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

-2 good free agents

or 

He's gotten the 4th most looks on that team and he's the same dude that complained about not getting enough looks in Buffalo.

In Chicago he'd be "the man".

50 minutes ago, G08 said:

He's gotten the 4th most looks on that team and he's the same dude that complained about not getting enough looks in Buffalo.

In Chicago he'd be "the man".

He would, but if the offense calls for Trubisky to spread the ball around rather than focus on one player (like Lafleur's) then he does as he is told. Any WR complaining likely will get their butt chewed just like the OL did.

And I'm all for it.

Archived