Profootball Network Mocks

NudeTayne

Baker Mayfield  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If he keeps playing well, should the Rams extend him at least through next season for 1/$12mil+?

• Yup. It's a great hedge and he might be the guy if Stafford's injuries catch up.
    • Nah. Too many cooks in the kitchen. This is Stafford's team.

These are fun, the simulator is free and works fast. I'll post one I did with a bunch of trade-downs. Let me know what you think and feel free to post your own in this thread. Good luck with the rest of the season, Rams fans!

• LAR
    Sean Tucker
    RB Syracuse
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Jaelyn Duncan
    OT/OG Maryland

• LAR
    Owen Pappoe
    LB Auburn
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Cameron Latu
    TE Alabama
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Mike Morris
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Byron Young
    EDGE Tennessee
    trade icon
  • Like 1

Definitely bring back Baker. It’s Stafford team but with his injuries piling up and he is up in age I think best case scenario is McVay load manage his play to keep him as healthy as possible which means Baker will play in games and might start some then in a few years he will take over as the starter. He is in the perfect situation learning from Stafford and McVay.

As for the mock I think the Rams go in FA and get a running back. Or at least trade for one. If they tried to get CMC then what’s stopping them from going after Barkley or Kamara in the offseason? So that will mean the draft should be about OL, DL, and EDGE. Also if OBJ doesn’t sign with anyone during this season I hope the Rams try to trade ARob and making a run to try to bring OBJ back. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Love the Duncan pick but please no RB in the 2nd.

And with the uncertainty around Stafford, I think we almost have to resign Baker if he continues to play well.

I have a gut feeling that when all is said and done Sean Tucker is the best back in the draft, a Nick Chubb clone. I just grabbed him because I think he goes around that spot but will be better than Bijan. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't grab RB that high with so many needs on the offensive line. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Definitely bring back Baker. It’s Stafford team but with his injuries piling up and he is up in age I think best case scenario is McVay load manage his play to keep him as healthy as possible which means Baker will play in games and might start some then in a few years he will take over as the starter. He is in the perfect situation learning from Stafford and McVay.

As for the mock I think the Rams go in FA and get a running back. Or at least trade for one. If they tried to get CMC then what’s stopping them from going after Barkley or Kamara in the offseason? So that will mean the draft should be about OL, DL, and EDGE. Also if OBJ doesn’t sign with anyone during this season I hope the Rams try to trade ARob and making a run to try to bring OBJ back. 

I thought of doing an offseason as well. That's a good idea for my next one, to include that. Feel free to post one yourself as well. They're kinda addictive.

I think our biggest needs the offseason are EDGE, RB, DL, and TE. OL is a need too but there's also a ton of guys that we will get back from injury. It's not like we want a revamped OL from rookies either. 

I don't know how much money we have but imo I'd want to see if we can grab a CB2 and hope the young guys round out the secondary. 

Really good mock besides I just don't care for pick 86. I'd be fine with Tucker in that spot. He's a really good player and fits a need.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 5:24 PM, NudeTayne said:

I thought of doing an offseason as well. That's a good idea for my next one, to include that. Feel free to post one yourself as well. They're kinda addictive.

Hi nude excellent draft as usual.

It is going to be interesting but I think Mayfield settles with a top 5 defense in the nfc.

Where do you think the kid from army goes looks like a myles Garrett clone .

Anyways nice talking to you and stop hanging on to those nuggets of gold

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I think our biggest needs the offseason are EDGE, RB, DL, and TE. OL is a need too but there's also a ton of guys that we will get back from injury. It's not like we want a revamped OL from rookies either. 

I don't know how much money we have but imo I'd want to see if we can grab a CB2 and hope the young guys round out the secondary. 

Really good mock besides I just don't care for pick 86. I'd be fine with Tucker in that spot. He's a really good player and fits a need.

I guess we'll see what the general consensus is by the draft and how the pieces fall, but I would love to see Tucker fall to 86 for the Rams. It'd be a great fit. That said, I believe he's being slept on and is a late first round talent, maybe three best back in the class. 

What don't you like about Pappoe there? I haven't watched him much but thought he had the athleticism and play to be an NFL guy from what little I saw.

I agree on the CB and will put one in my next mock.

• LAR
    Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• LAR
    Marvin Mims
    WR Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Sean Tucker
    RB Syracuse
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Dawand Jones
    OT/OL Ohio State 
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Jaheim Bell
    TE South Carolina
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Cody Mauch
    OT North Dakota State
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Garrett Williams
    CB Syracuse
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Colby Wooden
    DT/DE Auburn

• LAR
    Brenton Cox Jr.
    EDGE Florida

• LAR
    Tykee Smith
    S Georgia
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Zion Nelson
    OT Miami (FL)
    trade icon

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What don't you like about Pappoe there? I haven't watched him much but thought he had the athleticism and play to be an NFL guy from what little I saw.

It's the position. He's an off ball linebacker, right? He'd basically only play special teams until Wagner retires. 

19 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's the position. He's an off ball linebacker, right? He'd basically only play special teams until Wagner retires. 

Okay gotcha. But also, Wagner is gone after next season, yeah? One year learning under a great and rotating in seems pretty reasonable, yeah?

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Okay gotcha. But also, Wagner is gone after next season, yeah? One year learning under a great and rotating in seems pretty reasonable, yeah?

For me, I hate the idea of drafting someone on day 1 or 2 and just punting on the first year as a redshirt year. It's too valuable of a resource to waste. This FO does it all the time but when has it truly worked? Bobby Evans, Darrell Henderson, and David Long sitting behind started in year 1 never helped for their development. Same for Terrell Lewis, Terrell Burgess, Bryce Hopkins in 2020. Then 2021 looks like another disaster with Bobby Brown, Robert Rochell, and maybe Tutu Atwell. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:
  • LAR
    Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• LAR
    Marvin Mims
    WR Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Sean Tucker
    RB Syracuse
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Dawand Jones
    OT/OL Ohio State 
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Jaheim Bell
    TE South Carolina
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Cody Mauch
    OT North Dakota State
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Garrett Williams
    CB Syracuse
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Colby Wooden
    DT/DE Auburn

• LAR
    Brenton Cox Jr.
    EDGE Florida

• LAR
    Tykee Smith
    S Georgia
    trade icon
  • LAR
    Zion Nelson
    OT Miami (FL)
    trade icon

Jaheim Bell is transferring instead of going to the NFL. And Brenton Cox is a hell no. Locker room cancer who plays selfish, detrimental football on the field.

On 12/10/2022 at 7:23 PM, NudeTayne said:

I have a gut feeling that when all is said and done Sean Tucker is the best back in the draft, a Nick Chubb clone. I just grabbed him because I think he goes around that spot but will be better than Bijan. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't grab RB that high with so many needs on the offensive line. 

You think so? I didn't really see Chubb's insane tackle-breaking ability. What would be the best games to watch of Tucker (against legit competition)?

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Jaheim Bell is transferring instead of going to the NFL. And Brenton Cox is a hell no. Locker room cancer who plays selfish, detrimental football on the field.

Oh dang. I didn't know about Bell going back. And sure, Cox might not be worth the squeeze.

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You think so? I didn't really see Chubb's insane tackle-breaking ability. What would be the best games to watch of Tucker (against legit competition)?

Well fair enough. I should have said a mini Chubb clone. I actually think for this point in his develop that he has better aunty and changed of direction than Chubb did but is definitely smaller, probably 5'9" 210-215. 

What reminds me of Chubb (other than the identical jersey 😃) is his low center of balance, ability to take a hot and bounce off, to go from a cut to full speed very rapidly and his game-breaking finishing speed. Tucker is a home run threat like Chubb. I read that he had 40 big plays last season for over a thousand yards off big plays alone.

That said, Tucker was better last year so that could scare some teams. I think he'll go late second to late third and that'll be a solid value grab for whoever gets him. 

As far as games to watch, Tucker had several great games last year but less so this year. I see excellent vision, agility, change of direction, short and long speed, vision, and he had extremely fast feet. He just looks like he has what it takes for the NFL and I'd bet on the future.

Here's a recent highlight reel moreso to look at his movement skills and breakaway speed: