Raiders release G John Simpson

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I said it a couple months ago that McDaniels will throw people under the bus to save his job.  I thought he would try to do it to Carr in the offseason if they could not turn it around.  I am not saying Simpson was a good player but it does not make sense right now unless they believe there is a better player on the practice squad or on the street.  Why do this after playing a guy at a new position for the first time.   

I don’t agree with this, I think you’re just looking for dots to connect. How does cutting a crappy lineman ‘save his job’?Simpson was released because he was bad, simple as. He was awful last year, awful in pre season and awful when given game time. Yet another crappy pick and the new regime can probably bring in someone better even if only marginally so, from the street or they’ve seen something in training from one of the practice squad. There’s no conspiracy here 😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I don’t agree with this, I think you’re just looking for dots to connect. How does cutting a crappy lineman ‘save his job’?Simpson was released because he was bad, simple as. He was awful last year, awful in pre season and awful when given game time. Yet another crappy pick and the new regime can probably bring in someone better even if only marginally so, from the street or they’ve seen something in training from one of the practice squad. There’s no conspiracy here 😁

Nobody said that Simpson being cut was the fire but it is some smoke.  I said McDaniels would.  Not that he has.  

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Nobody said that Simpson being cut was the fire but it is some smoke.  I said McDaniels would.  Not that he has.  

That was clearly inferred else why bring it up in a post about Simpson being cut and the timing? Anyway, regardless, he was cut because he was very poor. Yet another crappy draft pick of course……….it’s laughable at this point how dire our drafting has been with such a plethora of resources 😂

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

That was clearly inferred else why bring it up in a post about Simpson being cut and the timing? Anyway, regardless, he was cut because he was very poor. Yet another crappy draft pick of course……….it’s laughable at this point how dire our drafting has been with such a plethora of resources 😂

It was not inferred because there is not enough evidence to come to a conclusion yet.  It was merely presenting some evidence and expecting more to come.  Would you rather I wait until it is completely obvious to say something then others can say "well in hindsight".  I expect him to blame others when things go bad and try to take the credit when things go good.  He appears to have a slimy business mans type of attitude.  I am okay with a coach being honest but when it happens over and over again eventually the problem is you can not fix the problem.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Thought our playbook and blocking schemes were to complex for a new guy to learn?

That's probably why Simpson wasnt cut sooner. But at this point who cares if somebody got to learn playbook. Season is over. Time to get some more bodies in here to evaluate. 

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

That's probably why Simpson wasnt cut sooner. But at this point who cares if somebody got to learn playbook. Season is over. Time to get some more bodies in here to evaluate. 

These are the guys they chose to work with. They had time to address the oline. Fa to preseason. Iirc they said we like the guys we have.

with bars hurt we literally have no other guards on the roster besides parham

find it hard to believe a young starting lg on a playoff team is completely useless now

glad they didn’t cut adams cause he didn’t look good at rb vs rams they even had Mack in at fb blocking

tired of the cute shi just line up and play ball

it makes no sense and it’s not working 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

These are the guys they chose to work with. They had time to address the oline. Fa to preseason. Iirc they said we like the guys we have.

with bars hurt we literally have no other guards on the roster besides parham

find it hard to believe a young starting lg on a playoff team is completely useless now

glad they didn’t cut adams cause he didn’t look good at rb vs rams they even had Mack in at fb blocking

tired of the cute shi just line up and play ball

it makes no sense and it’s not working 

It's not hard to believe. He was terrible last season too. We just accepted it because he was in his first year. starting. He didn't develop, slow and takes bad angles. Now he's gone.