Raiders release G John Simpson

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watch tape don’t lie recap and Simpson was arguably the 3rd best olineman behind kolt and elu…

Not saying much as James is terrible and Parham is a rookie. But Simpson had chances all season and hasn't performed. Weird to cut him now vs. playing out the season. Assuming they wanted to add Nuti who looks like a better OG to the roster.

Watching their breakdown, the CB play is atrocious. They need to add several options in the secondary this offseason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not saying much as James is terrible and Parham is a rookie. But Simpson had chances all season and hasn't performed. Weird to cut him now vs. playing out the season. Assuming they wanted to add Nuti who looks like a better OG to the roster.

Watching their breakdown, the CB play is atrocious. They need to add several options in the secondary this offseason.

Parham is a rg…clear as day. Simpson is the lg who actually has chemistry with James and kolt. This oline makes no sense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Parham is a rg…clear as day. Simpson is the lg who actually has chemistry with James and kolt. This oline makes no sense. 

Simpson sucked, clear as day. He's a backup caliber player. Evident by the fact no team picked him up and the NFL is thirsty for Oline. 

Parham is a C, which is where I expect him to reside next season. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Simpson sucked, clear as day. He's a backup caliber player. Evident by the fact no team picked him up and the NFL is thirsty for Oline. 

James is still pretty meh. Would rather add another guard, or even slide Munford to guard. 

23 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why is parham a center?

iirc he played lg, rg and rt in college 

On 12/17/2022 at 5:28 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Muti is an upgrade. I'm glad they made the move. Gave the OL a chance but they couldn't get the job done. I think we should try to add more defensive talent off teams Practice squad

Isn’t Muti more suited to an out and out Power type scheme though and don’t we run a lot of Zone concepts? I could be wrong but it seems that way 🙂