How does a Prime Ben Roethlisberger compare to current QB’s?

CP3MVP

On 12/16/2022 at 2:38 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Not really. He was never threatening Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers territory when they were all at full-go. Early years he was competing with Rivers, Eli, Ryan, and Romo. Later on you had Luck, Ryan still, Rivers still, Stafford, Russ, Mahomes, etc. Ben had a couple sprinkles where was a top QB but for the majority of his career he was closer to 10 than 5. 

The Mahomes fatigue is real. He’s going to go for 5,000 and 40, again, and people will go “meh”. If Herbert or Allen or Lamar did that people would go nuts.

I agree with the Mahomes fatigue but Allen is going to go for 5,500 total yards and 44 TDs. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:05 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This year Mahomes hasn't even been that impressive tbqh.

And yet Ben only managed more yards or a higherTD percentage once (in different seasons), and never had a higher QBR nor passer rating. 

I really liked Ben, he was right outside the Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Manning group at the very top through almost his whole career, along with the likes of Russ and Rivers. But he absolutely was not on the level of Mahomes, who would be in the discussion with those four guys at their peaks if he were playing a decade ago rather than today. 

Edit - typos

Edited by Billy86
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, MagicMT said:

Ben Roethlisberger isn't as good as Mahomes or Josh Allen. 
Maybeeee 3rd in the league but personally I'd still take Burrow and Hurts before Big Ben

This is the correct take, though I think Ben would put up godly numbers with the Eagles personnel, so I struggle to put Hurts ahead of him. 

Edited by WizeGuy

On 12/19/2022 at 12:27 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Okay, then let me revise:

Mahomes is going to for for 5,800+ yards and 46 TDs. 

Shows how great of a season both of them are having. Mahomes stats are only slightly better at this point and that's with Allen dealing with a UCL injury. 

They're the 1-2. No doubt. With Mahomes slightly ahead due to being more consistent + less fumbling issues. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 4:52 AM, Billy86 said:

And yet Ben only managed more yards or a higher TD perce rage once (in aiddfetent seasons), and never had a higher QBR nor passer rating. 

I really liked Ben, he was right outside the Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Manning group at the very top through almost his whole career, along with the likes of Russ and Rivers. But he absolutely was not on the level of Mahomes, who would be in the discussion with those four guys at their peaks if he were playing a decade ago rather than today. 

Mahomes peak is better than Ben's peak; easily. But Mahomes has also demonstrated he would struggle with something Ben lacked most of his career a good offensive line. That said, Ben would look really bad in an Andy Reid offense IMO.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...